Sign in to follow this  
Tawnya Sutherland

HTML Form builder to help prevent spam

Something I just came across that may interest people who have forms on their websites:

www.wufoo.com

It's an HTML form builder that captures and tracks entries automatically in a database. Lots more to it than that, but it is one solution to staying away from PHP, JS, and Captcha forms to cut down on spam and script problems.

If anyone uses it...please give us a review on what they think of it good or not so good ;)

T.

Thanks for the information Tawnya!

I just reviewed the site and will be signing up for the free version to check it out. I am taking a little mini self-paced course on website basics and creating one that is right for your business. Inserting forms that will help my website become more interactive for visitors is one of those things I would like to add.

I took the "tour" and boy is that easy enough to use. I like it already. I plan to add it to my website once I continue to put some final touches on it. Actually, it may never really be polished to completion. :unsure: But I would like to at least get all pages with content, clip art, my bio and picture, resources, and a form for my visitors to interact with me if they choose to. I want my website for web presence and passive income more so than generating a strong clientèle base (as my goal is to eventually work with a multi-VA firm as an associate).

Right now I am only targeting a handful of clients for in between work and small projects with a back up plan to refer to other VAs anything I can't handle or become overwhelmed with requests. I also plan to generate passive income with affiliate sites. So I am sure this link you provided will work well with my plans.

I will be happy to let you know what comes of it for me when I put it into the works.

~Delilah Smith

www.calibervirtualservices.net (still in sloooow progress)

Something I just came across that may interest people who have forms on their websites:

www.wufoo.com

It's an HTML form builder that captures and tracks entries automatically in a database. Lots more to it than that, but it is one solution to staying away from PHP, JS, and Captcha forms to cut down on spam and script problems.

If anyone uses it...please give us a review on what they think of it good or not so good ;)

T.

Can I say a big, big thank you for this.

I have been struggling with HTML, PHP and trying to get a form page sorted for WEEKS. After 30 minutes of signing up with Wufoo, I have a form which works, which gives me the information I need and collects it all in a database and it lets me know when a form has been completed.

The free version does have a small advert on the "Thank You" page but I can live with that!

Thanks Tawnya

Edited by Yours Faithfully

Hi Tawnya:

I have basically completed my website. I love the Wufoo. It made it effortless to create forms and insert the link onto the web page. Actually you can embed the entire form or just the link. There are many options. The program is very easy to follow. As Yours Faithfully mentioned, it lets me know how many entries were completed, etc. I am looking forward to adding a few more features and one more form alternative.

(A little off subject: I would like to sign up and place an affiliate link on my website. I know it is here on the forum somewhere--I will search for the information and get the request submitted.)

Thanks again for the information. It made finalizing my website much easier.

~Delilah Smith

www.calibervirtualservices.net (Finished finally! :))

Edited by Caliber Virtual Services

Thanks Twanya,

I'm been searching for something like this for several years. I am so tired of figuring out PHP and dealing with spammers on one of my websites.

Thank You

Carolyn Nelson - Carolyn@Onlinerepa.com | www.OnlineREPA.com | www.SEVAG.org | www.REVAProfessionals.com | www.Point2Close.com