Sign in to follow this  
Pam Ivey

Wal-Mart Now Offering Free Classifieds

http://walmart.oodle.com/

Excerpt from The Real Estate Professional magazine, July/August 2008 issue

"Wal-Mart, the nation's largest retailer, has launched a free classifed advertising services at www.walmart.com, which, among other things, will allow consumers and real estate agents to advertise homes for sale for free.

The web site's classified section is viewed primarily as a competitor to www.Craigslist.com, which also posts free advertising for homes, cars and other items. The Wal-mart site draws many of its listings from an alliance with www.Oodle.com but also has partnerships with The Washington Post and Cox Media. Craigslist currently has 30.3 million unique users per month, according to ComScore Media Matrix. WalMart.com has an estimated 29.3 million unique users."

This can be yet another place you can advertise your client's listings for free -- especially with Craigslist's recent antics in pulling HTML based ads without user notice!

Kind of like when the pod people took over the "real" ones...remember that old '50s movie?

You have to give them credit, you can go food shopping in one section, buy some pajamas and socks in the next and pick up some oil and fishing gear all in one store!

Cyndi - I hear ya! I think that's the thing that I like most about Wal*Mart. One-stop shopping. Nothing beats it especially when you're dragging 3 kids around with you. One stop for everything is awesome and saves me time along with money. You just can't beat them.

Speaking of Walmart, we just had the supercentre of all Walmarts open up here in our lil' city of White Rock, BC. It is the largest Walmart in British Columbia employing over 500 people. It is super huge and takes you a day just to find the washrooms.

We went there last night to try and find a booster seat for me for the plane and of course found it there...they have everything in this store from underwear to frozen fish sticks. It is so big though and tiring to walk through. It's also really sad for the local businesses here since it was always such a tight knit lil shop community. Our grocery store is offering 50 airmiles every time you buy something there just to keep clientelle and yes, they've kept us since we are airmile collectors. Sad though in a way to see the lil guys getting pushed out but it is business and please don't show Arnie this post or we will never hear the end of it. He is not a supporter of Walmart :blink:

"After the franchise wars of the late 1990's, all restaurants are Taco Bell." Gotta love Demolition Man.

Dang it! I had the wrong movie. Thanks for correcting me.

For the record, I hate Wal-Mart, for so many reasons that I won't list here or get blasted by those that love it. We do shop it once or twice per year, but I try not to shop there.

"After the franchise wars of the late 1990's, all restaurants are Taco Bell." Gotta love Demolition Man.

Dang it! I had the wrong movie. Thanks for correcting me.

For the record, I hate Wal-Mart, for so many reasons that I won't list here or get blasted by those that love it. We do shop it once or twice per year, but I try not to shop there.

Yes we don't shop there either although I have been to the new one once since it opened just out of curiosity. We are actually thinking of getting a Costco card since Arnold wants to buy a few things like pop and stuff in bulk for his aviation shop to resell to the guys that hangout there. I know their meat is on the good side too.

We used to shop WalMart but lately we've been going to a grocery store that also has a gas station. For $100 in groceries, you get 10 cents of each gallon of gas. With the way gas prices have been, we definitely look forward to this one.