Some squeeze little “Nerf” like balls; go fishing or golfing, do breathing exercises, some even go to a secluded area and scream until they can’t scream anymore.

To deal with your stress, you need to find what works best for you. Remember to do this as soon as you start to feel the effects of stress, if not before. Try, and I know it can seem difficult at times, to keep yourself focused, organized and don’t overload yourself with tasks that either someone else can do for you, or can wait until later. Most important, when you feel like you want to have a temper tantrum, like the 4 year old down the street, get ready for your stress reliever.

What often happens is, you do not realize your stressed until it’s too late. Some warning signs of stress are things like; talking too fast or too loud, yawning, nail biting, teeth grinding; irrationality; aggression, as well as sleeplessness and nausea. Yes, even a reduced sex drive is a definite sign of stress. Simply, any symptom that is not your norm, can be an taken as an indicator.

Everyone’s tolerance level is different. Your colleague or business partner may be able to handle that difficult, ranting, raving customer without the stressful effects, while you can not. If this is the case, let him deal with them, until you learn how to.

Since I usually have to add in my two cents, I am going to tell you a couple of good ways I found to relieve stress. One thing I like to do, when at the end of my rope, is to sit straight up in a comfortable chair, legs at a 90-degree angle with my feet flat to the floor. Close my eyes; arms loose. Now with my imagination, I “feel” the inside of my body, one place at a time. Try it! “Feel” your feet, slowly now; this exercise should take you about 15 to 20 minutes. Feel your calves and move up your body; your thighs, abdomen, chest, arms, hands, fingers, shoulders, neck, face and head. At this point I either stand up feeling revived and ready to deal with the world, or start snoring. You can also do this laying flat on a couch, bed or the floor. As long as you are somewhere quiet, that you will not be disturbed. I also like to throw a favorite tune in the player, crank it up and stand in the middle of the living room, singing at the top lungs and totally enjoying the music deep down.

Whichever way you find is your best, don’t leave it; DEAL WITH IT!

Written by "Your Virtual Assistant" ~ Jeanette Murphy

• Want to Become a VA?
    Invest in The VAC!
    How Do YOU Startup A

Virtual Assistant Organization Association
    Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
    * Access to Our Bus JOB Board *
    * Group Coaching & Training*
    *Training Tracks*
    * Private Mastermind Area *
    * Business Templates *
    * Contracts & Forms*
    * Plus VAinsider Perks! *
    UPGRADE HERE

HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.