Vir_Tuous

online proofreading courses

I've been doing quite a bit of research lately on getting my toe wet in the proofreading field. Because I want the convenience of a self-paced course, I'm looking into acquiring technical skills with testing components through an online version. Can someone recommend a course they've either taken or heard of that is at least pretty decent and does deliver the goods once the fee has been paid? I was looking at one today that is self-paced, with a completion time of 6 months, at a rate that is hard to beat. How would I protect myself from being scammed other than their own re-assurances? I don't imagine you'd be using contractural agreements in these kinds of tutorial situations.

I bought several good proofreading course items at half.com. Guides with workbooks and style books, etc. I am not at my bookshelf to give you titles, but there may be different things now anyway.

Thanks for the tip on purchasing items and all, and, coincidentally; the bargain course I mentioned is

one offered by Universal Class.

There are no doubt others, but the books I've used are Developing Proofreading and Editing Skills by Sue c. Camp and Mark My Words by Peggy Smith. I also got a Webster's Standard American Style Manual and a Hodges' Harbrace College Handbook. I have several dictionaries.