yhwhsgood@hotmail.com

Initial Consultation

Hi VA's,

I have a question about initial consultations. I have not seen a generic form for initial consultations. Is there one out there somewhere? If no, how did you come up with your initial consultation form? Or do you simply think of some generic questions that all clients need to answer and go from there? What should the generic questions include?

As you can tell I'm new to all of this and do not have any clients and I'm trying to be prepared!!

Thank you for your help and input!

--

Najah Masudi, CPS

Unique Virtual Assistance

Edited: To remove website URL; not permitted in Member signature lines.

Hi Najah,

Great to meet you! This is an excellent question as initial consults are so very important. It's vital to determine if you and your prospective client will make a good fit for each other. After all, oftentimes, you'll be working very closely together!

I don't have a form or script that I work with for my inital conversations, and questions I ask are largely dependent on the prospect's industry. I ask them to describe their business and how they work. I also ask them what's in their "yuck bucket" -- what do they have to get done that they just cringe when they think of? We then discuss other activities that they've determined they need to outsource and how they are most comfortable exchanging information. I then explain how I work - how many hours per month I recommend, at what rate, and how our multi-VA operation works. If after a good 30 - 60 minute discussion I feel we would be a good partner for this client and they fit into our ideal client model, I offer to send them our welcome package to begin.

Hope that helps. I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you may have too Najah.

Cheers,

Pam

Hi Najah,

I got my form from my VA Insider Membership. One of the perks is access to tons of templates that you can customize for your own business. That alone was well worth the membership - there are many other perks as well.

I am in a program to help me start my business and I zoom through certain sections using these templates.

This link will list all the other benefits, it's well worth the membership cost.

VA Networking benefits

Pam, you've completely answered my question. But you've also mentioned a welcome package. It's been brought up, many a time, in a program that I am a part of and I just haven't given it much thought. Thanks for bringing that back in to focus for me! I'll have to get started on that too! :)

Kathy, I haven't taken the time to look at the benefits of being a VAInsider. Thanks for the link. This may be a plunge I'll just have to make! Especially after seeing many comments from others here about how being a VAInsider has helped them and their business!

Thank you both!

--

Najah Masudi, CPS

Hi Pam,

Wondering what your "Welcome Package" looks like - do you go very detailed on what the client should expect going forward?

Thanks!

Jocelyn

Hi Najah,

Great to meet you! This is an excellent question as initial consults are so very important. It's vital to determine if you and your prospective client will make a good fit for each other. After all, oftentimes, you'll be working very closely together!

I don't have a form or script that I work with for my inital conversations, and questions I ask are largely dependent on the prospect's industry. I ask them to describe their business and how they work. I also ask them what's in their "yuck bucket" -- what do they have to get done that they just cringe when they think of? We then discuss other activities that they've determined they need to outsource and how they are most comfortable exchanging information. I then explain how I work - how many hours per month I recommend, at what rate, and how our multi-VA operation works. If after a good 30 - 60 minute discussion I feel we would be a good partner for this client and they fit into our ideal client model, I offer to send them our welcome package to begin.

Hope that helps. I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you may have too Najah.

Cheers,

Pam

Kathy, sorry for the late reply... I'm hoping to become a VAInsider sometime right after the new year when I receive my tax return. I know, I know... one day I will just keep my money and stop letting uncle same use it for a whole year! :)

Hi Najah,

I got my form from my VA Insider Membership. One of the perks is access to tons of templates that you can customize for your own business. That alone was well worth the membership - there are many other perks as well.

I am in a program to help me start my business and I zoom through certain sections using these templates.

This link will list all the other benefits, it's well worth the membership cost.

VA Networking benefits

Hi Najah,

I set up a similar consultation form to help companies when looking for a VA. If you're interested, you can get it free from my website VASupports.com. It's on the right side of the main page.

I know a lot of VAs have also used it as a reference to create their own consultation checklist and form. Best of luck.

Laura A. Lee

Hi VA's,

I have a question about initial consultations. I have not seen a generic form for initial consultations. Is there one out there somewhere? If no, how did you come up with your initial consultation form? Or do you simply think of some generic questions that all clients need to answer and go from there? What should the generic questions include?

As you can tell I'm new to all of this and do not have any clients and I'm trying to be prepared!!

Thank you for your help and input!

--

Najah Masudi, CPS

Edited: To remove website URL; not permitted in Member signature lines.