Guest babieblues15

Getting clients

Colleen,

I want to thank you for finding the directory link for me and letting me know that I can submit my link once I have 50 posts. I have one question though. Do I need to be a VAinsider to be able to submit my link to the directory?

Michelle

It's been so long since I put my name into the directory here. Here is the VAnetworking directory link http://www.mediamage.com/va/.

I thought this was in the new membership info here. Not sure, it's been awhile. I think that you can be added once you have posted 50 times here. You have to submit your link once you have those 50 posts.

Do a search up top right here at the forum for anything you're searching for. The archives are loaded with great info. Your enthusiasm is great.

Guest Pat Z.

I resemble that remark Dana!

Pat Z

Yes, Julia - networking starts at 7:00 p.m. Eastern and there's usually a seminar of some kind before at 6:00. There's a good group that usually hang around and network.

Candy and Pat are usually around for the whole thing, but that's okay. We just tie them up in the corner and throw chocolate at them. Or wine. :P

Come on by some Wednesday nite. Last night was the Awesome Birthday Bash with prizes for everyone!

As far as the VA directory goes, you do not need a minimum of 50 posts. It's a directory for all VAs. You just need to register as this is a different area of the forum and your username/password to the forum doesn't work. Once you've registered you can add your link. Please feel free to do so at any time.

Also, you just never know what we have up our sleeves for the balance of the year with the Birthday Bash celebrations so be prepared!!!

As far as the party goes, the other night was the kick off for things to come. We're working on our next party which will be at Christmas. Most generally, Wednesday's will be for seminars (starting at 6pm eastern) and then chatting (starting at 7pm eastern). Come and enjoy!

Oops, my mistake. I told you it's been awhile! LOL

Thanks Patty. I was hoping someone with knowledge would step in.

...VAdala and so much more.

I swear - that VADala is like CRACK! I constantly play with it, morph it, get mesmerized by it.

My whole family is fascinated with it. Its like a Rubix cube that doesn't piss you off!

I swear - that VADala is like CRACK! I constantly play with it, morph it, get mesmerized by it.

My whole family is fascinated with it. Its like a Rubix cube that doesn't piss you off!

LOL Dana, can I quote you about the VAdala on our VAdala page? ;)

LOL Dana, can I quote you about the VAdala on our VAdala page? ;)

Sure!

Ruth,

That's ok. There were a lot of people there. With everyone posting you couldn't keep track. Everything went so fast. It was fun though!

Michelle

I believe that is the plan. ;)

Since you've already RSVP'd you'll get reminder email with the details. [sorry, I didn't realize you were there -- soooo many people.]

~Ruth

Patty,

Thank you for the information.

Michelle

As far as the VA directory goes, you do not need a minimum of 50 posts. It's a directory for all VAs. You just need to register as this is a different area of the forum and your username/password to the forum doesn't work. Once you've registered you can add your link. Please feel free to do so at any time.

Also, you just never know what we have up our sleeves for the balance of the year with the Birthday Bash celebrations so be prepared!!!

As far as the party goes, the other night was the kick off for things to come. We're working on our next party which will be at Christmas. Most generally, Wednesday's will be for seminars (starting at 6pm eastern) and then chatting (starting at 7pm eastern). Come and enjoy!

Guest TerryGreen
Everyone needs a PattyD, though!

Nanner, nanner, nanner ... I have a Patty!!!!! :thumbup:

Guest JuliasVAService

I appreicate your advice of networking on here. It is hard for me to network on Wednesday nights. I have just enrolled in night school for a paralegal. My classes start at 6 pm cst until 10 pm cst. I am also on the waiting list for the internship program here.

Julia

Julia - Get involved with the forum here and let us get to know you. I recently took on a mentee because I liked her sense of humor and her wit when we were in the Networking chat on a Wednesday night. She was up front, honest, and had a lot of good things to say. That appealed to me. I gave her an assignment - and she did AMAZING on it. My client said that it sounded much better now (her bi-weekly newsletter), and she appreciated the time taken to look it over closely. (KC - if I didn't tell you this, I'm sorry. I've been CRAZY this week and you know it!)

I recently gave her a couple of other things to do and the sense of relief that I have that I can just give something over now is great. She's going to start getting more "on the job" training with some other stuff and soon my little eaglet can leave the nest and soar!

I'm sure she'll do amazing things, and I am happy that I can help someone the way I got help last year when I started out.

The internship program has produced some great VA's, and its a stellar program. Everyone knows it! Patty does an awesome, amazing job with them, and once we can clone her - life will be marvelous! :blink:

So, my advice to you, Julia - network, learn, ask questions, and network some more. Even if you just drop by for an hour to networking on Wednesdays - and contribute to the discussions - that'll give everyone a great sense of who you are.

Good luck!

Hi Julia,

There's more to networking than just attending the "live" chats. Answer questions on the board when you can and make yourself known (in a good way). There are chats and other networking opportunities other than just on Wednesday nights. The next newcomer orientation is on Tuesday, October 7th at 2 PM Eastern. Don't forget about social networking (LinkedIn, FaceBook, Twitter, etc.).

Hi - just wanted to add my 2 cents. I happened to find a local work at home mother's group and have gotten involved. They had a small trade show a few weeks ago and I attended. Did I get any clients? No. But I did get my name and business out there. I am going to a larger trade fair in a couple of weeks and have also been able to get my info into some gift "swag" bags. So I know that as I get out there and get those 500 business cards out there, something is bound to come along. So that gives me the ambition to keep plugging away.