Hi again Cathy

I agree wtih Debbie Lynn about saving by having your surname in your business name. I am in PA (Bucks County) and liked the fact that it would save me money during start up, when the money was extra tight.

Hope to see you around, and please do check out the local group that Pat mentioned. It's always nice to have some time together to network and brainstorm. I always walk away feeling energized

Thanks Pat Z I book marked the site and will check it out tomorrow (long day today)

Michelle yes i agree I think i am goign with CR Dynamic Solutions (CR are my intials)

Now i need to work on a tag line and logo

I have my services down and the content i want on my site just not ready to build it yet until i get the last two pieces (tag line and logo)

(services are HR / Project Management / Some admin)

Hi Cathy - welcome aboard! I am based in Schnecksville, PA (west of Allentown). It's always nice to meet other Pennsylvanians. Good luck with your business.

Hi Cathy,

A bit of advice from a fellow Pennsylvanian who learned from experience: you can save yourself a significant amount of money in startup costs if the business name you choose includes your surname. Otherwise, you have to file for DBA (Doing Business As) status.

Debbie Lynn

Hi everyone:

I am in Philly!!

Debbie - is this the same as registering as a legal entity in the State of PA???

Kim

A2 Office Solutions

Debbie - is this the same as registering as a legal entity in the State of PA???

Kim

A2 Office Solutions

Kim,

I'm not a legal expert so check with your own legal representation or check for information in your public library (especially if you have access to the Chester County Library System).

From my experience, you file your Doing Business As/fictitious name (a business name that does not include your surname) with the PA Department of State Corporations Bureau.

You file a PA Enterprise Registration with the PA Department of Revenue to get a sales tax license. You need this in order to collect the tax you owe on the administrative and editing services (among other services) that you provide to Pennsylvania residents. You also need it to pay the Use Tax. Check their online service center at www.revenue.state.pa.us

Debbie Lynn

Hi Kathy, let us know if you already thought of a name! Welcome!

Hi

I originally ad CR Dynamic Solutions but after some feedback i decided to change it to Reay Solutions (since now i do not have to file a dba) now i am working on a tag line

I came up with Virtual Solutions to your Business Needs but no one seems to really like it (to plain not catchy) my serrvices are Admin Human Resources and Project Mgt