Tawnya Sutherland

Extreme Makeover - Give it a try someday ;)

Ok, I've been in a rut for a long time with my same ole same ole look since I was in highschool. (This Farrah Fawcett look has to go, this is not the 80's anymore!). :cher:

This is the longest I've ever had my hair in my life. Anyhoooo... I went to my local hair salon to get my hair cut on Friday. I've been waiting for this appointment for weeks to dye my roots blonde again and rid of those straggling grays starting to appear. I get there right on time and guess what? They forgot to put my appointment into their calendar UGH!!! So here I am now with a whole afternoon off and no hair appointment.

Not too thrilled with this, I thought...screw it, I'll just run across the street and see if they can take me in for a cut. To say the least, I was in a mood and just decided to do something impulsive and below are before and after shots as I kissed my current salon goodbye. ;)

When Arnie came to pick me up at the salon, he walked right by me, didn't even see me LOLOLOL!

Anyhow, for those who just figured out what I look like, I've once again changed ;)

I highly recommend doing this now and then, it sure adds some spice to your life! And makes you feel good too ;)

We should all do extreme makeovers every now and then and if you've done one lately, feel free to share your photos too!

before1.jpg

before2.jpg

after.jpg

Wow, I like the colour! :thumbup: It looks so shiny and healthy and I love the way they cut the bangs on the side.

I always have the same old same old and years ago I dyed them dark burgundy and lots of people commented how great it looked like. It was great, but I was just soo used to the blonde colour that I later changed it back to same old same old. :whistlin:

I often wonder if I should give it another go, but I'm such a creature of habit. B)

Guest Pat Z.

Wow! It looks great Tawnya!

I used to change my hair style and color every 6 months to a year. People never knew what they were going to see next. It's liberating and it's also fun watching people's expressions when they see the *new* you :D

Pat Z

:thumbup: What a great new look! I love the color and the cut looks awesome!

It's great when we change things about ourselves when it makes us feel good, we should all probably do it more often, I know I should.

Hilarious that Arnie didn't recognize you, lol!

Wow!! You look fabulous Tawnya! :thumbup1: I love the color and the cut.

I did something similar several months ago. I always kept my hair super long and just the same, and so I decided to chop most of it off and I love it much more that way. We all need a change once in awhile.

Love the new look, Tawnya! If you hadn't tweeted your extreme makeover (and I noticed your new pic right away), I wouldn't have came over to see your before/after pics.

I recently got my hair cut, but I didn't go too extreme. My hair was very long, also (mid-butt). I, too, had to do a last minute cut - impulsive on a day that I was aggravated by my hair. I asked the woman to take off about 5 inches.....she took 8! So, it is shorter than I normally keep it, but still the same 'ol hairstyle...lol. And, I'm only 27, so I really don't need to dye my hair, yet. In fact, I've never dyed, permed or highlighted my hair. When that day comes I am going to be having major butterflies in my tummy!

Guest VirtuallyReady

YAY!!! Good for you, Tawnya!! It looks great! Isn't it such a great feeling to feel refreshed and have a renewed sense of confidence?! I'm so happy for you! :D

You know, this brings up such a good point. Even though the virtual assistance industry has been around for several years, we are certainly modern & cutting-edge... and we should all reflect that! With all of the recent attention to going green and economical business cut-backs, we could all be at the forefront of generating new business and absolutely must make sure to present ourselves in a fresh way in order to be taken seriously by other professionals. If your website is tired and falling behind, and your appearance is as well, it might be time for a re-do!

I don't ever like to feel stagnant, I always want to keep moving forward, so I try to update my look fairly often and stay up-to-date on the latest technology trends as well. Here is my latest *big change*, but I'm due to go back to the salon again before the end of this month. If we don't maintain ourselves, how can others take us seriously and expect that we'll maintain their businesses well??? When we take ourselves and our businesses seriously and present a forward-thinking, well-kept appearance (both in ourselves and our online image), that's when this industry will be recognized by others in a positive light. As my stylist said, "Welcome to 2008!"

Before-After.jpg

Congratulations once again! :)

Wow Tawnya

Your new look is fabulous!....I love the color on you. :magic:

This is something we all should do from time to time, just for the exitement and to spice things up a bit.

But really you do look marvelous..now it's my turn, have to make that appointment that I have been putting off for way too long!

Jo-Carole

Guest AimeeM

Great Look Tawyna! I love the color and layered cut. Good for you! I remember when I made a drastic change to my hair once I almost had an anxiety attack..... It was such a big deal for me.

~Aimee

Aimee's Business Service

This is funny, because I was just thinking about making a change.

My hair is mid length but all weekend I was trying to decide if I should shorten it up.

This might be the push I needed to make the change.

I'll share if it happens. :P

Denise

OMG You don't look like an 80s rocker groupie anymore Tawnya! That's awesome! (I mean I loved your rocker chick 80's look but yeah...)

Now I need to take the picture of your haircut and take it in to get mine done LOL - because I look an awful lot like your before picture!!!

Except color. I just went through a two year saga of not being blonde and had the identy crisis from h e double hockey sticks.

You look great Tawnya!!

I have a hair appointment tomorrow to get rid of all my greys. Who knows, I've been wanting a new style and this is my inspiriation!

:girlsout: Thanks!

Guest TerryGreen

OMG!! I love it! It looks great Tawnya. Makes me want to go out and do something different. Think I could get an extreme makeover on my entire body :)