yourfabva

Trade Show give-aways

Hi everyone,

I'll be in a trade show and was wondering if you can bounce-off any ideas for a give-away that speaks to the VA industry. :unsure:

I was thinking of stress balls - emulating the "outsourcing" idea, stress relief, etc. with my logo on it. Of course, there's pens, sticky notes but I'm finding those are not so original.

Also, would appreciate any leads re: companies where I can order these promotional materials from.

Many thanks!

Jocelyn

Since you're looking at various giveaways, have you considered a drawing for gift cerificates for your hours of service or a particular service. For example: Prize 1: 5 Hours of Services; Prize 2: 3 Hours of Services; Prize 3: Evaluation of Database and Entry of 1,000 names to Database; Prize 4: Create an Ebook from your content.

These types of giveaways will allow you to showcase your services and skills additionally someone may see a service that they didn't realize you offered. The only drawback to offering specific service is if it's not applicable to the winner. In that case have an alternative in mind to offer and not lose the prospect. ;)

~Ruth

PS: A fun way to create excitement at your booth/table is to have a spin wheel. Allow people to spin for a giveaway prize. Prizes could be a keyring, pen, mouse pad, etc. As Patty mentioned check out the VA Shop for many affordable quality items.

Jocelyn,

I, too, am displaying at an upcoming trade show (thanks to a new member prize at my local chamber of commerce). I found a wealth of great ideas here on the forum (in a variety of threads).

In addition to prizes of hours and items related to the trade show theme, I will be awarding a consolation prize (a white paper with proven tips for saving time and staying focused on what matters most ) to each person who stops by and chats and signs up for my newsletter. Winners may choose to donate their prize hours to a local charity dedicated to making homes warmer, safer, and drier for their residents. (I provide volunteer database management, not home repair skills, for good reason.)

I hope you meet fantastic people and outstanding future clients at your event.

Debbie Lynn

Fabulous ideas! The white paper concept is very appealing - I wanted to share info but was mulling about whether sending them to a link online or actually printing off something that they can hold and read while they're in the trade show.

Many thanks, ladies! VANA rocks!

Jocelyn :thankyou:

Jocelyn,

I send a "thanks for stopping by our booth and signing up for our prize drawing and newsletter" e-mail as part of a double opt-in. A second e-mail includes the link to the white paper. Recipients can choose whether or not they want a hard copy.

This has the advantage of good stewardship of resources and getting your name in front of people again. From what I have read, a large percentage of printed material picked up at trade shows ends up in the trash without a second glance.

Debbie Lynn

From what I have read, a large percentage of printed material picked up at trade shows ends up in the trash without a second glance.

Debbie Lynn

Well this is what I'm afraid of - and I'm also marketing the VA industry as a "greener" way of running your business. But I'd still do it - I know that we still need to educate the general public about our industry.

Many thanks!

Jocelyn

Since my tag line is "Virtual Assistance...Creating Time for You!" I give away cool wrist watches every chance that its reasonable. My nephew is a bead jewelry designer and I have him keep me stocked with several designs using inexpensive faces and of course at wholesale prices so its affordable for me. These go over very well and make me especially memorable at networking events where there are return participants. These are also good for trade shows, though of course i don't pass them out to everyone...they make great prizes especislly coupled with a few free hours or a free service attached.