Debbie Lynn

Posting of celebrations and events for publicity purposes

Untraditional Celebrations Notification  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been collecting celebration/holiday/event information from reliable sources. I've found mention of some of these little-known events makes a great icebreaker at networking events. They are also a boon to clients who are looking for a new angle to promote their businesses (or for me to promote my business, for that matter).

An example: October is National Ergonomics Month. Wouldn't this be helpful marketing information for certain medical and office supply businesses? Or maybe you want to write an article about how you have ergonomically adapted your home office. Maybe you know someone who suffers from the effects of non-ergonomic office furnishings and could use the help of a VA while recovering from something like carpal tunnel syndrome. The possibilities are endless. I'd love to share but don't want to bore people with yet another untraditional celebration posting.

Debbie Lynn

The polling question for the previous post should have appeared as follows:

Would you be interested in knowing about some of these events ahead of time in order to use them for publicity and/or better serving your clients? Yes, No, Undecided

If someone cares to fix this, please do.

Debbie Lynn

Edited by Maplewood
Poll created for you./Ruth

Something I've always wondered . . .keeping in mind the no dumb questions here. . .

For these unusual celebrations are they marked the same date every year or do they get honored at varying dates? For example, would an event noted on May 22 always be held on May 22 or would it be moved to the third Monday in May each year regardless of which calendar day that happened to be?

Inquiry minds have always wondered,

~Ruth

PS: Fun topic -- glad you posted.

Yes, it would help me a lot to be able to share these celebrations and events with my members. It would help me with writing newsworthy press releases too.

Ruth, I'm not sure but I bet these unusual celebrations are just like regular holidays...sometimes they're celebrated on the same date and sometimes they're celebrated on a certain day (i.e., second Monday of October). I'm sure Debbie will let us know though :).

Ruth and Patty,

Just as Thanksgiving in the United States is always the fourth Thursday in November while Christmas is a fixed date in December, so too with these other celebrations.

Some events also disappear, usually because they no longer have grassroots support or are no longer listed in a reliable source.

It would be too easy to just be able to keep a running list from year to year. :D

Debbie Lynn