Sign in to follow this  

Feedback please

I had someone help me with my press release but not sure if it hits the target -- any feedback would be appreciated is it missing anything? is there enough substance to the press release?

While the United States is currently experiencing a recession, to the dissolution of many in-country jobs, small business continues to thrive. We have witnessed this same scenario in years past – the larger corporations closing their doors during times of financial crumble while the little guys stay afloat for varying reasons: lower overhead, a tighter support network, the ability to work on trade and the freedom to cut costs as they deem necessary.

In our current financial crunch, there now circulates one more way in which small business can continue to succeed by utilizing an innovative ‘replacement’ support system: a Virtual Assistant.

A Virtual Assistant (VA) is a highly-trained independent entrepreneur who provides a myriad of business support services virtually via phone, fax and internet based technology to support and meet the growing needs of businesses worldwide.

With the number of work-from-home VA’s rising nation wide, it is important to differentiate between the many options.

Meet Catherine Reay, founder and owner of Reay Solutions:

Catherine Reay left her job as Director of Human Resources and Risk Management after entering motherhood. However, she never stopped working in the field of Human Resources. Catherine launched Reay Solutions specializing in administrative, human resources and project management support. She started Reay Solutions to assist small business owners, entrepreneurs, and work-at-home professionals with the support needed to reach their business goals.

According to the Virtual Assistant Networking Association (VANA) a full-time employee would typically run an annual cost of $76,960. By switching to the services of a part-time VA, a business can estimate an annual payout closer to $16,800*, a savings of more than sixty thousand dollars.

The demands of small business remain, during and after a recession. While some small business costs can be eliminated or downsized, there is no need to sacrifice the services of a professional support system.

Catherine Reay is available to meet those business needs with her flexible schedule, payment plans and numerous support options.

Reay Solutions

Virtual Solutions to Your Business Needs

#############

Guest Pat Z.

Very nice Catherine! Good work.

Good luck with it and let us know what kind of feedback you get.

Pat Z

Thank you do you think it has enough substance? Soem pr i have read are a little more focused on the va.

Guest AprilTara

I'm always afraid to offer critiques because I worry that they will sound like criticism rather than an honest desire to help. So please don't take any offense!

When writing a PR, you want an attention grabbing headline, a short 1-2 sentence summary, and a first paragraph that answers "Who, What, When, Where, Why". Then you move on to more details that support your first paragraph followed by some quotes either from a client or even from yourself about how this will help business owners. Finally you want to conclude it by letting people know how or where they can get more information.

Thank you I appreciate the honest feedback. I am actually working with someone who is writing this for me since i have no experience with PR.

Guest AprilTara
Thank you I appreciate the honest feedback. I am actually working with someone who is writing this for me since i have no experience with PR.

You're very welcome. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. I write press releases as part of my freelancing stuff and I really enjoy it so I'd be more than happy to help.