Sign in to follow this  
Guest DenverMelissa

Are REVAs staying busy during this rocky economy?

Guest DenverMelissa

I'm considering this niche, so I'm interested in what's going on in the industry.

Thanks,

M

Melissa Cappleman

Office Savvy VA

Hi Melissa!

Your question is a valid one. For me personally, there has definitely been a "change" in my REVA business, especially with my US clients. My Canadian clients haven't felt the pinch as much. I wouldn't want to discourage you from pursuing this niche as I love it and if you have a passion for real estate, I am confident you will too.

Do you have a background in real estate? What has drawn you to possibly making real estate your niche?

Hi, Melissa!

I only have 1 agent as a client and the work load has gone down, but that is just 1 out of a trillion agents around here! :)

I still believe there is a need for assistance in that industry because many are working extra hard these days - that would be where you come in! Some are pinching pennies and may not have the budget for a VA, but others still will. I think it's still a good niche to explore.

Hi Melissa,

It has been steady over the past six months and now I see a dramatic increase in inquiries and services. There will always be agents seeking assistance. The key for me is flexibility. The smaller clients have cut back in hours but the major clients have increased their needs due to flexibility and confidence in speciality industry areas.

Prior to getting into the industry, know what type of services you would like to offer. As you learn more, offer more but don't attempt to be a Jack of all Trades if you don't have the skill sets.

Good Luck

Edited by QueenCityVA