Blackberry Or ?

I am still debating between the iPhone or the Palm Pre. Both look and sound like they have great features. My contract is not up until early Jan 2010, so I have a bit of time to research more!

I have been using a BlackBerry for my business for years. I'm currently using the BlackBerry Storm on Verizon. I refuse to get an iPhone due to the fact that AT&T is one of the worst carriers and their customer service as well as cell service is horrible. My husband had an AT&T work phone and the thing was practically useless even though we live in a very populated area. I'm able to access Facebook & Twitter very easily and have no regrets with this phone. I also have clients here that have the iPhone and they complain about the service constantly. Just my two cents. :)

Yep, got me one of them new fancy Android phones. Motrorola Cliq I really like it. I get email, texting, internet, contacts all synced with any computer I wish. I really did not think I would like a phone this much but I do. I currently switched from ATT to T-Mobile to get it. Now I am not sure what they have in Alberta, but here in the U.S., I have 1000 minutes, unlimited text and unlimited internet for $69.99 a month WITH NO CONTRACT.

Life is good.

I agree with Paula, I have a client who LOVES his iPhone except when it drops calls (very often) so I just upgraded to my 3rd Blackberry from Verizon on Friday.

Email, calendar, contacts, Facebook and Twitter are all very easy and this new one is just a bit smaller and much lighter weight. So that makes my two :penny:

When I upgraded my phone, I had it narrowed down to the Palm PRE and the iPhone.

My first consideration when narrowing down my choice was provider. I hate, hate, hate being nickled and dimed to death for services that should come with a smart phone - $30 a month for a plan, $15 for data/text, extra for apps/navigation – give me one price based on how I use my phone and I am a happy girl. That pretty much narrowed down my decision right out of the gate. I love Sprints “Everything Plan”, no guess work, no added fees; one price and I can pretty much do what ever I want to with my phone.

Second was choosing the phone. I’ve been with Sprint for over 10 years, so they were kind enough to let me try a few before I picked the winner. I originally wanted a phone running WinMobile, but then quickly realized that I don’t create/edit (nor do I want do) documents on my phone. I also realized that I hated virtual keyboards. I am a hard-key qwerty sort of girl and it’s come in handy the past few weeks since winter’s come to Texas and I had to bust out my gloves – which narrowed my focus to the PRE and HTC line of phones.

The PRE just fit my workflow better as far as calendar organization, email retrieval and access to the Internet – not to mention the Sprint Navigation, which is a Godsend for my directionally challenged self. I have it synced with Outlook and Google, as well as FB, and Twitter, and I haven’t had any issues with it so far. It’s like having a little assistant in my pocket!

I’m on my second PRE, the first one met an early demise in a glass of water, and the insurance company sent me a brand new, non-refurbed PRE and I love it more than my first! They fixed the ill-fitting battery issue, which was the only complaint I had when I originally got my PRE.

I think all providers have their issues and all phones have their pros and cons, it depends on how you use it for your business, which will differ from VA to VA.

One finally thought, ATT (the exclusive carrier of the iPhone) “is considering incentives to curb heavy wireless data usage”, so you may want to look at your data usage if you're considering an iPhone.

Here's a link to the ATT Article

I received an early christmas present, a Blackberry Bold and loving the new phone. I did not have a smartphone prior so this is just a treat. I will be spending the next few days trying to learn all the neat features on the phone.

Cathy

Reay Solutions

Well, I've seen ads about Droid that Verizon offers.....any thoughts?

I've seen those ads, too! Pretty impressive looking! I'm hoping someone here knows a little about it before I invest. I was leaning towards a BB, but that ad really caught my eye! I guess we'll see.

Linda

I just ordered a Rumor 2 from Virgin Mobile.

I've been with Virgin Mobile for almost 3 years and their customer service is amazing. I had a Blackberry and hated it for several reasons. First, Verizon's customer service SUCKS (they lie and they charge you for the air you breathe). When I went to Montreal last year, I called them and asked if I would be charged roaming while there. I was assured I would not. I got a $300 bill. I was not happy, so I left Verizon and went back to Virgin Mobile. The other reason I hate the Blackberry I have: I can't figure the damn thing out! I can't get it to shut off, even when I thought I did. I couldn't get it to silence. I'm just not into reading a 700 page manual to figure this out.

My monthly service plan with Virgin Mobile is $67 (that includes tax) and I have unlimited calls, texts and internet access. My bill (before the $300 bill) with Verizon for all of that: $109. And lots of dropped calls. I think I can count on one hand the number of dropped calls I've had with Virgin Mobile in the almost 3 years. In the 3 months I had Verizon - about 40 dropped calls.

Oh - and it spoke French to me while I was in Montreal, which annoyed the :naughty: out of me.

I have the G1 pphone with T-Mobile, we have everything on these phones, in fact I'm on it now because my computer crashed. I just don't have flash on this phone. I get great reception, even in the mountains, I love this phone. I even updated my quilting website with this phone last night.

I spent many months researching Blackberry and finally settled on a Blackberry Tour w/Verizon. I LOVE IT!! I use it for twitter, facebook, emails, internet ... still working on setting up my calendar but I did test sync it w/Google Calendar and it works very nicely.

Kim

I suggest Android phones, it has all the apps to facebook, twitter, google mail, google map, google calendar... I highly recommend it!

The Android phones are cool, but access to the apps in Canada is very limited. So if you're Canadian be prepared that you won't have access to the kind of apps you might think you'd be able get.

I have a BB Storm love it and notice that there are more and more apps coming available to the Storm so I think BB is slowly catching up the iPhone apps market.

On a side note I was watching a show about Google and they spoke about the Android phone and how behind they are in the market, as an example the Android phones have 10,000 apps, while the iPhone has over 100,000....

But I do have to admit I love what they can do....