JaniceP

WP Themes input

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a WP blogsite for a client and would love some input from anyone who might have a blogsite in this same 'industry'. It's not really an industry. It's a non-profit organization with a membership. They have annual fees paid by the members (so they need to renew) and the organization definitely wants to draw in more members with an interactive site, with blog posts and comments.

I'm overwhelmed with the number of themes out there for WP blogsites and I was wondering if I could get some insight and suggestions from anyone who has a client with a membership-based audience. What should I look for? Are there any really good plugins that would work to manage a membership?

They do have events throughout the year and will possibly be getting into webinars, teleseminars and maybe more. They also want a members-only area to download articles and videos and as well, want a Board Members-only area that would be password protected (which I know is possible).

If you have any suggestions for me, that would be a great help as picking a theme, I think, could take a long time (this is why I don't shop!).

Thanks so much!

Janice

Guest TerryGreen

Oh my goodness, Janice ... look no further. There is an absolutely perfect and outstanding and wonderful and lovely and fabulous plug-in that that will manage your WP membership site so much easier and far better than aMember could ever do. It's a WordPress plug-in called WishList Member. We are using it on a client's blog to manage an event that is coming up with different levels of entry, and we just installed it on another client's WordPress blog to manage his membership website. It is truthfully the most awesome thing I've ever seen.

It's $97 for a single license, and $297 for an unlimited license. You have to check it out. Just go to http://member.wpwishlist.com/. There are 17 2-3 minute videos that are available on the site. Watch them and be amazed!!!

Thanks Terry! That is a really cool plugin, that's for sure. But I just watched almost all of the videos and I'm not sure this is what I'm looking for.... I have a few questions.

With my client, there aren't levels of members. They are either a member or they're not. And they renew once a year. For the majority of the site, anyone would be able to access and then there is a section that members only would be able to access information. Board members would also have a password protected page with minutes of meetings and confidential Board information.

Given that info, would you say that this plugin is the right thing?

Thank you so much,

Janice

I just tried to find a way of contacting this company and they don't have any 1-800 or any phone number or email posted at all! And you have to be a member to contact them via their support page. They have a box # in TN. Geez, I hate when companies don't want to be contacted! So frustrating. I just want to speak to someone in sales to determine if this is the right product for me.