I was feeling down today because I really miss my daughter who ran off (hopefully she will find herself) and moved somewhere in Quebec, 3500 miles away, around the beginning of December. I have no way to reach her and the only time she's connected with me was by phone for a few minutes on Christmas. She's 22, an adult and I hope she is fine like everyone keeps telling me but as all moms know, I am still worried about her every waking hour. I try to dive into my work and not think about it but my stomach curdles every time the phone rings, I pick it up and it is not her :( Anyhow, these words today inspired me and "maybe" they will for another too so thought I'd share...

Maybe...God wanted us to meet the wrong people before meeting the right one so that, when we finally meet the right person, we will know how to be grateful for that gift.

Maybe...when the door of happiness closes, another opens; but, often times, we look so long at the closed door that we don't even see the new one which has been opened for us.

Maybe...it is true that we don't know what we have got until we lose it, but it is also true that we don't know what we have been missing until it arrives.

Maybe...the happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.

Maybe...the brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past; after all, you can't go on successfully in life until you let go of your past mistakes, failures and heartaches.

Maybe...you should dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you dream of and want to do.

Maybe...there are moments in life when you miss someone -- a parent, a spouse, a friend, a child -- so much that you just want to pick them from your dreams and hug them for real.

Maybe...the best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best

conversation you've ever had. We should all have one.

Maybe...you should always try to put yourself in others' shoes. If you feel that something could hurt you, it probably will hurt the other person, too.

Maybe...you should do something nice for someone every single day, even if it is simply to leave them alone.

Maybe...giving someone all your love is never an assurance that they will love you back. Don't expect love in return; just wait for it to grow in their heart;

but, if it doesn't, be content that it grew in yours.

Maybe...happiness waits for all those who cry, all those who hurt, all those who have searched, and all those who have tried, for only they can appreciate the importance of all the people who have touched their lives.

Maybe...you shouldn't go for looks; they can deceive; Don't go for wealth; even that fades away. Go for someone who makes you smile, because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright. Find the one that makes your heart smile.

Maybe...you should hope for enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, and enough hope to make you happy.

And the last maybe.....when you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling.

Maybe...you should try to live your life so that when you die, you are the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying.

~~ Love is not about finding the perfect person, it's about learning to see an imperfect person perfectly ~~

I was feeling down today because I really miss my daughter who ran away and moved somewhere in Quebec, 3500 miles away, around the beginning of December. I have no way to reach her and the only time she's connected with me was by phone for a few minutes on Christmas. She's 22, an adult and I hope she is fine like everyone keeps telling me but as all moms know, I am still worried about her every waking hour. I try to dive into my work and not think about it but my stomach curdles every time the phone rings, I pick it up and it is not her :( Anyhow, these words today inspired me and "maybe" they will for another too so thought I'd share...

:grouphug::bighug::bighug:daisy

Thanks for posting Tawnya.

You know you and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers. I know a few other individuals that are appreciating reading this too as they are going through some tough times.

Guest TerryGreen

Hey Tawnya ... you and your daughter are in my prayers too.

I understand completely ... I have a son (adopted in Korea when he was 5 - is 33 now) that has lots of bonding and family issues. He moved to S. Carolina a couple of years ago with his girlfriend, split up with her about a year ago and then we lost touch with him. All we had was a cell phone number, but he would never reply so we didn't know how or what he was doing. He finally got in touch about 2 weeks ago and I have an address for him. He's doing well, but is just one of those individuals that needs to be away to get his head and life straight. It's not easy ... you worry about them because you love them - and you miss them. You just have to trust that what you taught them and how you raised them, and remember that sometimes, the ONLY thing you can do is pray for them.

Here's a :bighug: from me to you!

In "Thanks For Telling Me What I Didn't Want To Hear," Barbara Johnson wrote that although we can have ex-spouses and ex-boy/girlfriends, we mothers can never have ex-children.

You and your daughter will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Debbie Lynn

Prayer Pattern -- this is so simple that it may seem trite, but it does work, within any doctrine. Write down a list of all the things about your daughter (focus of petition, family, friend, etc) which you are thankful for. I am so thankful she is

1. so smart
  2. so beautiful
  3. so fun
  4. so generous
  5. etc. You get the picture.
Just be thankful and quiet. I did not invent this pattern, but I have used it for my kids and for friends. One of my fav. stories is when I prayed this way about a friend's step daughter who was alienated from her father and my friend, but kept it to myself. One day I told my friend I had been praying this pattern for her step daughter; she began to cry and told me that the girl had just called her father a couple nights before and they reconciled. Another time it was for a cousin's adopted daughter and I have to tell you the only thing I could come up with about this daughter was that when she was placed in my cousin's arms as an infant, my cousin felt her sanity and depression improve and that her life would go on. Even one little thing kept our faith and they also have seen things level off. My cousin brought her granddaughters to visit our house this summer and spends a lot of time with the daughter she thought she would lose contact with. As someone said, you never get ex-kids. But, you did have 22 years to train her up and probably raised her to fly from the nest. I did, and it was RIGHT, but I hate it and would have them all, in their 30s and 40s move back in any time with all their tribes! While you wait, I bless you and wrap you in angels' wings and peace.

Guest anza

Hi Tawnya,

Thank you for that post. As a Mom I know our hearts all go out to you and your family.

My daugher ran away when she was much younger and prayer finally brought her back to us. I will be praying that will be the same for you too. I learned that the more I pushed for her to come home, the more resistant she was to do so. Once I figured out I needed to give her some space, she allowed dialogue to begin again.

Sometimes daughters just need time to "find" themselves away from Mom.

Be of good cheer (JER 29:11)!

anza

Tawnya and Terry, thanks for sharing what you're both going through. My heart and hugs go out to both of you.

From one mom to another, :grouphug::bighug::bighug:

Remind yourself how you as a parent did your best to raise her to be a smart, independent person that she is today. She will come back...you just have to believe that deep in your heart.

I'll be thinking about you and your family...

Jocelyn