Janet01

Please provide feedback on this ad

I designed this ad myself and am afraid that it is all wrong. I plan on spending $500.00 to have the ad placed in 2 bays at an upscale neighborhood carwash. There are many startup construction contractors in this area, which is my target market. The sign will be 2' tall x 3" wide. I have no marketing training at all. Please provide your honest feedback so that I am not throwing away my $500.

Thanks,

carwash_ad.doc

Guest anza

Hi Janet,

I liked your ad alot. I'd recommend adding a website. In marketing I've done in the past, I've had a better response if they could check me out before they called.

Let us know what results you get!

Anza

Hello Janet,

I would suggest modifying two areas. Flip flop your name/phone number with the listing of services AND add your website address. Print ads are read from top to bottom and left to right just as we read a typical written page. The most important info should always be in the top left corner area and the bottom right corner area. Ads are skimmed and these two corners are critical to put your most important info -- you've done a nice job of placing key things in these positions; a benefit or value point to the client and your business name. I like that you have your call to action in the middle. I'd consider replacing your business name in the blue bar with your name/phone number.

Nicely done,

~Ruth

Hi Janet,

It is looking really good.

My only suggestion would be in alignment. I would be sure that the left side of the blue "Call a Virtual Assistant box" lines up with the left side of the "See eZone" box below.

I would also drop down the "See eZone" box slightly for a little more white space in between it and the blue box, and drop down the list of services (maybe so the left margin lines up with the boxes and the bottom margin with the tagline in your logo). I think that will give you more white space in the middle rather than at the bottom.

Hope it's a success!

Wow, and you say you don't have marketing experience eh? ;)

I might try different wording instead of "Don't call ... " The human brain doesn't really remember the negative part of the command and instead will basically remember "call a temp agency." Always shift to the positive if you have such a short space to get your message across. Even changing to something like "Worried about the costs of a temp agency ... etc etc?"

See the difference?

Just a thought!

Nice work!!!

Karri

Wow, and you say you don't have marketing experience eh? ;)

I might try different wording instead of "Don't call ... " The human brain doesn't really remember the negative part of the command and instead will basically remember "call a temp agency." Always shift to the positive if you have such a short space to get your message across. Even changing to something like "Worried about the costs of a temp agency ... etc etc?"

See the difference?

Just a thought!

Nice work!!!

Karri

I really appreciate all the honest, educated feedback on my ad! What do you think about the wording in this version?

Thanks - YOU ROCK!

Carwash_ad.doc

As a new member I am impressed by how much everyone helps each other. Your finished ad is excellent. Good luck.

Carol Ann

Great job, Janet.

Wonderful benefits from such small changes.