Cris B

Sooo Happy to Have Found you!

Hello ladies and very few gentlemen!

My name is Cris Buchert, I am from Ft Worth, TX, USA and I am an absolute newbie to VANA and also to the business. I would like to be able to describe my business, but I don't have one, at least not yet. :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers:

This forum is absolutely amazing and it's true, it really is addictive! The way you help and support each other is admirable, and you're doing an amazing job trying to get the concept of VA out there.

I have a lot of questions to ask, but I'll leave that for tomorrow morning. I know that

No question is ever stupid, stupidity comes from not asking when you have the opportunity to do so
but it's already 1:20AM and hey, my brain feels tired... :zz:

Also proud to be here!

Cris Buchert

Edited by cris_buchert

Welcome to the group too Chris, like Kansas I am also new here. I just started last week and still learning the VA system.

I'm glad there's a group like this one.

Malou :)

Hello ladies and very few gentlemen!

My name is Cris Buchert, I am from Ft Worth, TX, USA and I am an absolute newbie to VANA and also to the business. I would like to be able to describe my business, but I don't have one, at least not yet. :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers:

A few days ago I discovered your website while doing a Google search for "VA certification". Guess what? I've been hooked ever since. It is now 12:30 AM and I've been reading posts since 8AM yesterday... At this point, I feel like I know you all, at least the most active members. I know whose dog is King of the Porch, I know whose mom-in-law lives down the street, I know who has renter problems, kids names, all that stuff. Needless to say, after snooping around and reading all the posts I could for the past couple of days, I feel like I owe you one. I know all this stuff about you and you don't know anything about me.

On a personal note, I have the best soon-to-be-husband in the world(Mike)! I know they all seem to be the best before you marry them, but mine actually is. I just love him to death! He works, cooks, cleans, washes the cars, gets the gas, gives me foot rubs and whatever else I think I need or want. Have I mentioned that I love him to death?

We don't have any children, my previous work wouldn't have allowed something like that, but we are thinking about it in the near future. We do have a baby-boy though, his name is Walter and he's a dog (don't try to tell him that). He's a spoiled brat, a beggar and he smells like feet, even though I give him a weekly bath.

Professionally, I quit my highly abusive, 80 hours a week, job in October. What was I thinking? We're in recession and I can afford to quit? Not really, but I figured that since I almost crashed my car on my way to work because I had an anxiety attack about going to work, then it's not worth it. Life's too short! Mike urged me to quit and spend some time with him and, since I hadn't had the holidays off in 5 years, I did, I gave my notice and I was done in October.

Now I'm trying to start doing what I like, which is computer work and research.

This forum is absolutely amazing and it's true, it really is addictive! The way you help and support each other is admirable, and you're doing an amazing job trying to get the concept of VA out there.

I have a lot of questions to ask, but I'll leave that for tomorrow morning. I know that

No question is ever stupid, stupidity comes from not asking when you have the opportunity to do so
but it's already 1:20AM and hey, my brain feels tired... :zz:

Also proud to be here!

Cris

Welcome to VAnetworking Cris!

Wow! You've been a busy little beaver reading posts for that long. It definitely is addicting. You've probably already downloaded the VAnetworking Kickstart package, so I won't tell you about that...wait! I just did. :)

Anyway, it's great to see you here.

BTW, when's the BIG day???

Welcome Cris,

I always tell people to start reading (because there is so much good information here) but you beat me to it.

Life is too precious and short to stay in an abusive situation. You may be putting in some long hours getting your VA business up and running, but you're going to love your new boss!

Debbie Lynn

Welcome, Cris!

It's great to learn about you and I hope you won't be shy about jumping into the conversations and asking those burning questions. There's a wealth of experience, knowledge and talent here and I'm sure that someone will step up to give you some answers or guide you towards finding it.

Mark your calendar to join us each Wednesday at 6pm EST for the free learning eSeminars and stay for the VAjot Networking time at 7pm EST. It's a great place to learn and get to know everyone better.

~Ruth

Professionally, I quit my highly abusive, 80 hours a week, job in October. What was I thinking? We're in recession and I can afford to quit? Not really, but I figured that since I almost crashed my car on my way to work because I had an anxiety attack about going to work, then it's not worth it. Life's too short! Mike urged me to quit and spend some time with him and, since I hadn't had the holidays off in 5 years, I did, I gave my notice and I was done in October.

Hi Cris,

You are right on two accounts. This forum is great. And when you start having panic attacks (I know about those!!!), it is time to hit the door running. It is your body telling you, I won't be able to take this much longer. It is sad when someone is not in a position to leave an abusive place. We are few of the fortunate ones.

At any rate, welcome!!! :girlsout:

Jana

Edited by Ms. Kaye

Thank you for your warm welcome! I can only hope to become a Supreme Virtual Goddess when I grow up! I would love to become a VAInsider right now but, as I mentioned, I've been staying home for the past 5 months (during the holidays!) and that really took it's toll on our finances. I hope I'll be able to do that in a couple of weeks. Also, do VAinsiders get a discount on VAC?

I've downloaded everything I could and my 3 browsers are loaded with new bookmarks. There's a wealth of information on the VAN forum and that's perfect for a newbie like me. I will take another day to read through it and update my list of questions before I start asking for help.

The only thing is.... I feel a bit intimidated now! I do not have the extensive knowledge you do! I would never take a client unless I was absolutely sure I can do the job perfectly, up to the highest standards and quickly! I don't think it would be right to bill someone for two hours when a more experienced person could do it in less time. You know what I mean? This is why I am looking up certifications, classes and maybe a mentor. I want to make sure I can offer the best service to my clients. Ethics are everything and it amazes me how so-called VAs STEAL other people's hard work ! I was reading through some posts yesterday and damn! People never cease to amaze me! All the copied webpages and newsletters! I wonder what they do with clients' files; I doubt confidentiality is on top of these people's list (I bet they tap into someone else's wireless too).

Going back to work now, there's still more posts to be read! I hope one of these days I can make you proud!

Again, thank you for your support! Cris :coffee:

Welcome to VAnetworking Cris!

Wow! You've been a busy little beaver reading posts for that long. It definitely is addicting. You've probably already downloaded the VAnetworking Kickstart package, so I won't tell you about that...wait! I just did. :)

Anyway, it's great to see you here.

BTW, when's the BIG day???

We don't have a "Big Day" yet. We figured we'll just fly to Vegas when we get drunk enough..... :martini:

Hi Cris,

When I first found VAnetworking two years I was overwhelmed by the volume of resources found within the threads, too. A wise VA shared her idea and I adopted it. Get some spiral notebooks and fill those up with all of the tips and tricks you want to remember - whether you copy/paste to the pages or jot notes. You've just created your own personal reference book(s). Some of the first tips I noted were things like: how to create custom email signatures, some excel formula shortcuts, and websites like lynda.com (an online training library) where you could purchase training specific to your interests and needs.

I keep a similar book for all of the interesting websites that I was to check out or have handy for a "when needed" moment. Some bookmark the websites and that works just as well.

~Ruth

Hi Cris,

When I first found VAnetworking two years I was overwhelmed by the volume of resources found within the threads, too. A wise VA shared her idea and I adopted it. Get some spiral notebooks and fill those up with all of the tips and tricks you want to remember - whether you copy/paste to the pages or jot notes. You've just created your own personal reference book(s). Some of the first tips I noted were things like: how to create custom email signatures, some excel formula shortcuts, and websites like lynda.com (an online training library) where you could purchase training specific to your interests and needs.

I keep a similar book for all of the interesting websites that I was to check out or have handy for a "when needed" moment. Some bookmark the websites and that works just as well.

~Ruth

That is an excellent idea, Ruth! Thank you. You know what I'm going to do? I'll put all that in a pdf and when it's filled with useful info, I can post it for others to read and click on the links. Maybe it helps others too...

Cris

:girlsout:

Guest anza

Hi Chris!

It's good to have you hear! Sounds like you hit the ground running.

I hope you can join us on Wednesday nights. It is great to put voices to the names and stories! And it's a wonderful opportunity to ask questions with a "room" full of people ready to help you grow your business!

anza