Hello All! I have been researching the VA field and have decided this will be my new career. I am looking into all the avenues of getting certification, building a website and starting up. Anyone have any suggestions or personal experience they wish to share?

Thanks!

Melody

Melanie,

Welcome to the group! You have chosen a great place to network. As far as VA education there are two awesome programs VAU and AssistU. There are also VAs who offer VA coaching session such as InnoVAtive Coach and VA Training.

A website is an absolute must have. If you are not the best at web design, there are many VAs in this forum who would be happy to help.

Again, welcome!

:thumbup:

(this is from another one of my posts for another new VA - thought you would benefit from this info as well)

I have been working part time as a VA for just over 11 months and love it! I recently registered my business name (as a real start) and have begun promoting my services more. So my advice to you is :

1. Create your business plan

2. Networking - promote yourself to everyone and anyone!

3. Education & Experience

These 3 things in my opinion are the most important!

Once you have created a business plan you have a clear direction of where you are going and what you really need to do! As well a website is great... I am still working on creating mine and learning how to use FrontPage... it is a good investment and does not cost a whole lot at all.

I agree with Becki - a website is a great way to network and get your name out there and it is not a huge investment!

Good luck and nice to meet you!

Pamela

Hi Melody,

Glad to have you join the group. I'm sure you will like it here.

I completely agree with Becki and Pamela that these are very important things. Personally, first I would recommend writing a business plan, and then secondly, network your butt off!

Lori

:)

Hi Melody

Welcome to the fourm

Tell us more about yourself, where you live, what your experience is and what you hope to get out of your VA business. The veterans on the board can direct you to some suitable information.

Thanks for all your warm welcomes! Has anyone done the home study course offered through e-books from Executive solutions? The offer certification as well.

Welcome Melody and I know you will enjoy your stay here. Some very valuable VA info in past threads.

As for this e-course from Executive Solutions, I have never heard of it, do you have the URL handy and maybe some of us can look it over.

Enjoy the forum!

Tawnya

Welcome Melody, ;)

Enjoy your stay, I know I have found this Forum of great value to my business and me personally!!

kimmer :D