Sign in to follow this  
Dana Fortier

43 Days and Counting!

The place to be April 21st: Montreal at the Hyatt Montreal

Why should you be there? To learn from industry leaders. To connect (or reconnect) with your fellow VAs. To see a beautiful city with a charming history. (And to see me!)

Who will be there? Our awesome Keynote speaker - Felicia Slattery; Seasoned VA presenters such as Nora Rubinoff, Alyssa Gregory, Jeannine Clontz, Pam Ivey, Monique Terrell, Linda Selden, Terry Green, Debbie Sakagawa, Nina Feldman, Rebecca Zwar, Christina Favreau. And our perennial favorite guy - Craig Cannings!

What will you learn? Communicating in a global marketplace, technology tips & tricks, and VA Secrets!

To learn more - visit http://live.vasummit.org/ or come on Wednesday night to the Seminar and listen to me speak about my experiences not only at my first Summit last year, but at conferences on behalf of my clients and my volunteer work with youth organizations and the the Summit Committee and many of our speakers will be present to talk about what you'll miss out on if you DON'T come to Live Summit 2009 in Montreal!

Hi Dana,

I can't wait for next month to get here! I'm looking forward to meeting new VAs and the opportunity to get together again with others that I've met in the past.

I'm excited to hear a lot of my fellow speaker's presentations and learning and growing.

Hope to see you many of you at the IVAA Summit in beautiful Montreal next month!

Cheers,

Pam

Hey Dana:

I can't wait for the Summit. I met so many fabulous people last year and I am ready to add more wonderful people to my ever expanding network this year.

I am also very excited about all the different speakers and workshops that are being offered. I am sure I will come back with my head so full of new ideas I won't know where to begin!

Woohoo!

Doreen DeJesus

Removed all lines in signature other than name; please read forum rules.

Edited by Maplewood

Very excited! Can't wait to meet everybody, and I've never been to Montreal, so I'm very excited about that, too. And c'mon, we're driving together! That could be the highlight of the trip :D

Very excited! Can't wait to meet everybody, and I've never been to Montreal, so I'm very excited about that, too. And c'mon, we're driving together! That could be the highlight of the trip :D

Do you have a GPS? If not - I do. It seems I'm directionally challenged, so I'll make sure we have it with us!

You're right - it could well be one of the highlights of the trip! Any luck finding a roomie yet?

Guest TerryGreen

Whoa ... not much time left at all :yay:. I'm very excited ... this will be my first Summit and my first trip to Montreal.

I'm registered, I've got my roomie, hotel reservations are made, flights are made and I've got my little black dress for the reception/dinner!! All I have to do now is pack ... Oh! and I have to buy some cute little jammies for the PJ party ;).

I am also really looking forward to meeting so many of you that I haven't had the opportunity to meet yet, and reconnecting with those I've had the privilege of meeting already.

My flight arrives in Montreal at 2:05pm on Monday, April 20. Anyone else coming in around that time and would like to share a cab?

Woo-hoo!!!! Only 6 weeks to Summit! I am so fired up about the AMAZING speakers! And then I need to remember to set aside a full day of to-dos when I get back for all of the fabulous ideas I get from the sessions and other VAs. The flight will be a good time to list everything I want to apply to my business (after I nap!). ;) Can't wait to see everyone there!

Sandi Silva

Do you have a GPS? If not - I do. It seems I'm directionally challenged, so I'll make sure we have it with us!

You're right - it could well be one of the highlights of the trip! Any luck finding a roomie yet?

I would love to be in that car! You two are going to laugh all the way to Montreal! :lol:

--Sandi

oh man, I'm so bummed I'm going to miss the party, I mean summit.

:girlsout:

Hope you all have a fantabulous time! Have a drink for me please.

I would love to be in that car! You two are going to laugh all the way to Montreal! :lol:

--Sandi

You can fly into DTW & drive with us!

oh man, I'm so bummed I'm going to miss the party, I mean summit.

:girlsout:

Hope you all have a fantabulous time! Have a drink for me please.

Its not to late to book a flight & make the trip, you know....

This will be my first Summit also! I'm so excited to meet all of you. And the speakers will be awesome. Who knows - maybe I'll step up and out of my comfort zone and be a part of Summit next year!

I've never been to Canada either, so that's another great part of this.

I too have my plane ticket, my conference reservation and now a roomie (Lauren Hidden). And I have my little black dress - which is going to be so much fun to wear!

For those of you who may still be thinking about going - but haven't made that jump yet, let me just say, you won't regret it. In the corporate world, we do a lot of continuing ed, networking, etc. As VAs, we have a tendency to become somewhat of a hermit. This is an excellent opportunity to meet many of our peers, learn more about our industry and our businesses, and just have fun!

I'll be arriving on Monday around 7pm. Anyone coming in that late - we could also share a cab.

See you all soon!

Just a few of the "fun" things we have planned:

1. Dinner with Strangers - three awesome restaurants have been selected that are all within walking distance from the hotel. It'll be a great time to unwind and get to know your dinner companions on a more intimate basis.

2. VA Health "Conference" - margaritas and Wii bowling. Margaritas are good for your health - if you didn't see my email about the health benefits of margaritas, I'll find it for you! And Terri Orlowski says that Wii bowling gets more fun with alcohol.

3. St. Sinnamons Cinnamon Rolls. Guess where I'm going for Breakfast with a Buddy? If no one wants to be my Buddy for Breakfast that day - I'll go all by my lonesome and enjoy every.single.bite.of.sinnamon.roll. And then talk about it all.day.long.

4. DOOR PRIZES! There's something for everyone!

Guest Nancy Seeger
The place to be April 21st: Montreal at the Hyatt Montreal

Why should you be there? To learn from industry leaders. To connect (or reconnect) with your fellow VAs. To see a beautiful city with a charming history. (And to see me!)[/b]

This is my very first VANetworking post! Hi All - really looking forward to the Live Summit and seeing Canada again. I love Montreal especially.

Last year in Charlotte, NC was wonderful - so many nice people - VAs are great - great speakers and this year looks even more exciting!

Hope to see you all at the Wednesday seminar - I can't use the mic but I will certainly text chat.