denise

Article Spinning as an Internet Marketing Technique

Here's a very cool beginner course on Article Marketing taught by a friend of mine I met at the conference I attended in August. Jeff knows his stuff inside and out and I highly recommend taking it if you want to learn Article Marketing quickly and easily.

http://VAnetworking.com/articlemarketingjeff

Thanks, Tawyna! As usual, you provide great resources! :yay:

Linda

Some internet marketers use Article Marketing as a way to build backlinks and gain higher search engine rankings and drive traffic to their website or sales page, but submitting the same article to hundreds of directories comes across to Google and the other search engines as duplicate content. This means that you don't get the backlink credit for the article, the article directory gets credit by default simply because of its high PR (Page Rank). So a method was devised by the internet marketers to "spin" the article into unlimited variations and then submit the unique variations to each article directory, thus getting full backlink credit for the article.

I haven't fully developed an opinion as to this technique being wrong or right. On one hand article spinning seems to dilute the Article Directory System with multiple variations of the same article, and it seems to primarily be used to simply game the system. But, on the other hand, because of the search engine duplicate content penalty, you won't want to submit the same article to hundreds of Article Directories because you won't get credit for it. And keep in mind that most website owners looking for relevant content for their site probably use only a few article directories to search for content. So is this method ethical for a writer who's written an original article to spin it for submission to as many article directories as possible in order to get the most mileage from it? I would be interested in hearing the opinions other VA Insiders have on this topic.

Thanks,

Steve, aka. HubBubMonitor

Personally, I feel anytime you are manipulating the search engine marketing process for the sole reason of ranking higher in the search engines, well, it's just wrong.

Google does its best to provide their users with unbiased access to information, focusing on their needs and giving them the best products and services that they can Read Google's Don't be Evil motto here.

Hold onto that thought for moment.

For example I write an article on "How to Become a VA" and I spin it into 10 new articles and submit it to a bunch of different directories. Let's just say that when a user types into Google "How to Become a VA" that 7 of my different articles hit the top 10 listings. Is that a good set of search results for this Google user? Do you think that search abides by Google's current Code of Conduct?

Eventually, I firmly believe Google will catch up to you if you do this. They don't like to be made a fool of and nor would I if I was them.

vainsiders.jpg

Tawnya,

Your response has helped me firm up my opinion -- it is wrong to spin articles! I agree that it could possibly dilute the search results delivered by the search engines for keywords that multiple versions of your article could possibly be ranking highly for. As a content searcher I wouldn't want this sort of thing happening to me, and neither as an article writer should I perpetuate such a thing...not because of a Google slap, which is bad enough, but because it is just morally wrong!

Tawnya,

Your response has helped me firm up my opinion -- it is wrong to spin articles! I agree that it could possibly dilute the search results delivered by the search engines for keywords that multiple versions of your article could possibly be ranking highly for. As a content searcher I wouldn't want this sort of thing happening to me, and neither as an article writer should I perpetuate such a thing...not because of a Google slap, which is bad enough, but because it is just morally wrong!

:thumbup:

vainsiders.jpg

Thanks for sharing, this is the first I've heard of Spinning too. Wow, you learn something new every day here.

Jeff's Article Marketing for Beginners looks interesting Tawnya, I learned a few things just by reading his pitch and listening to the video, this one is going on my list.

I wanted to add a side note here about spinning, it is generally known and supposed to be used with your own articles not someone elses, or as another poster mentioned unless a client asks for that, in which it's his anyways to do what he wants with it. Some even spin PLR, another moral issue but at least is not illegal...lol. Anyways it is sad that some will spin others content, if they're going to take the article they should take it as is and leave it intack. (with permission of course) :rolleyes:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to Become a VA?
    Invest in The VAC!
    How Do YOU Startup A

Virtual Assistant Organization Association
    Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
    * Access to Our Bus JOB Board *
    * Group Coaching & Training*
    *Training Tracks*
    * Private Mastermind Area *
    * Business Templates *
    * Contracts & Forms*
    * Plus VAinsider Perks! *
    UPGRADE HERE

HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.