Thanks TW.

The best way to get clients really falls back on who you are and what you are good at. I don't mean, typing, complex databases, Flash, etc. I mean what is your personality. Are you introverted or extroverted. Are you a good phone talker or are you crafty with words. Once you have identified these basic traits, your marketing tactics should be derived from them.

Sure, pepper your marketing with a little of everything...eventually. But your primary focus should be centered on what you do the best. Just because it works for some, some of the time - doesn't mean it works for all, all of the time.

Exactly

Thanks Therese and Dale,

That’s exactly what I was getting at; I’m for the most part an introvert! When it comes to meeting new people I turn into a different person. i have been a part of my local VA group since Dec. 2003, and just started to feel comfortable over the last four or five months. We meet monthly and for the first three months I was ready to give up. Lucky for me, one of the members is an established VA and she is super motivated so she keeps me motivated!

Any ideas?

Thanks again everyone,

Nikki

Welcome to the forum Nikki!

I'm on holidays this week (or moving/transition holidays LOL) but here is the linking instruction to put our logo on your website and thanks for promoting us to get the word out we are here!

http://www.mediamage.com/terms.html

Tawnya

Nikki,

If you haven't already, buy the book Get Clients Now! by C. J. Hayden. This book will help in planning the right marketing strategy for you. It will also, give great instruction and tracking on how to carry out your marketing more effectively. Don't buy it and put it on the shelf, like I did. Use it and grow!

Here's to your future success! girlsout.gif (BTW, I'v decided that the blue one is a guy with long hair.)

Thank you all soooooo very much for the great ideas!!! I am just now getting a chance to respond because I am in the middle of moving, first from my house into an apartment and in a couple of months overseas.

I do have another question, If anyone has anysuggestions for my website that would be a great help!

Once again, thanks a bunch!

Nikki

Hi Nikki!

...i'm a newbie too! ...just checked out your site...looks great.. applause.gif

i'm in the process of putting one together myself so i don't have any great ideas, but i did notice under "Desktop Publishing" you had "Flyers" listed twice....maybe it's two different areas (remember..i'm a newbie huh.gif ), but that jumped out at me...!

All the best..

Karen:)

Thanks Karen, good looking out! I was also thinking about getting some of those templates of ebay. Has anyone ever used those?

Good luck to you Karen and nice to meet you.

Nikki