AssistantForYou

Added new Service - VA Mentoring Program

Hi Everyone,

Need your opinions...

I have been re-energized by adding a new service. This post is to ask your opinion and for ideas in how I should get the word out and promote this new service....

I have been asked over the past several months by several VAs to mentor and coach them through their start-up phase. I have decided (after I have received 30 phone calls in the middle of the night thanks to different time zones) to start a paid mentoring / coaching service to new VAs to help guide them through their startup phase to include exercises on creating a biz plan, how to narrow the field and how to target the people you want to have as clients, unlimited emails plus scheduled phone calls that we Q & A and go over exercises and a slew of other things.

Here are my questions...

1. Does that sound like a good service to offer?

2. How do I start spreading the word?

3. How valuable of a service do you think this would be? I'd be charging an hourly fee (and put together packages that start at under $40 per hour)

What do you think?

Sincerely,

Heather :kicking:

Heather...this is a grand service to offer!!

It is sorely needed I believe! I get emails all the time from new VA's needing assistance.

So...we know there is a definite need.

How to promote this/spread the word...

1. A dedicated page on your site

2. Email sig

3. Offer this new service to any groups you belong to (that allow occasional self promotion)

4. Create a couple banners (check out some banner exchanges with suitable websites)

5. Ask Tawnya about the cost to put a banner here on VANF

6. Network with your new service in mind

The only thing I am concerned about is that new VA's don't have alot of start-up cash! Even though this is a valuable service...can new VA's (which are your target market), afford this??

This should be a good discussion! Can't wait to hear others thoughts!

That's all I can think of at the moment, I'll think more and post then.

kimmer :D

Hi Kimmer,

Thanks for the feedback. I polled about 50 new VAs and they all said they could and would invest in this type of service. Most quoted that they would actually invest more.

I do have a dedicated page - actually a few - on my site that is devoted to this new service. That was one of the first things I did.

And I have put in a few posts.

I like the idea of a banner. The logo and banner are in creation and should be done relatively soon. I didn't want to wait to launch.

I can't wait to hear what other's think! :thumbup:

Heather

Looks like you have a lot of your bases covered! I'm sure we will get some good feedback from others here.

That's great feedback about the poll!

What are your plans for this service? One on one mentoring? E-books? Classes?

My absolute goal (right now) is to help others build successful businesses and then sub out most of my work to them. Then I become more of the "hub". This was my intention when I started up my business 3 years ago.

In the immediate future, my goals are to find at least 5 new VAs and 5 established VAs so I can do private and then add a montly or bi-weekly group chat where both groups can have a collaboration and Q & A session. This will help the New VAs gain confidence in what they are accomplishing and the Established VAs get a chance to not only show their stuff but also give back. I can't tell you how rewarding it is to give a little seedling some water and food and watch it grow. Same thing with people.

In 6 months to a year, I want to be at the point where I have some of the Established VAs and even some of the New VAs taking on some projects from my clients and prospects. Then I can concentrate on the mentoring, my family, and my other business.

In a year, I will probably have more fine-tuned the program and added new classes / sessions. Might even be at the point where I can add bridgelines and whatnot. (Probably before a year!)

But that is my plan for the immediate future.

Heather

Ok, I see what your going for here!

It's a big undertaking, but it looks to me that you have a handle on the road to take with it!! :thumbup:

Heather,

Your idea is a wonderful one and I am sure you are going to make a good go at it. Sounds like you do have all your bases covered and have a great goal to work towards!!

Best of luck, in the tough times and during all the hard work just think of how much it will pay off (my own little reminder to myself!!).

Pamela

Hi:

That's an excellent idea. So many VAs need training and mentoring today as the Industry just continues to grow. I know I recently started offering coaching and there is really a great deal of demand for it.

Banners, boards, your signature, directories, your website, etc. Word of mouth will be your best too.

Good luck!!!

Heather

I am in the process of researching/becoming a VA and there is soooo much info out there. Having someone to talk to that could guide me in the right direction would be awesome! But, Kim is right I just got laid off my job and cash is an issue. I would be interested in what you could offer for services and the cost.

Good Luck in your plans!

HI Melody,

Sorry to hear you got laid off. That's tough! I don't know if it would be appropriate to take this conversation further online so I would encourage us taking it offline and I will answer all your questions.

I have put a lot of thought and research and hard-earned experience into the packages I have created. With polling quite a few other VAs established as well as new, I came up with my pricing. I am also flexible and help the VAs work around or set up something to help them get what they need while balancing what I need too.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

My email is heather@assistantforyou.com.

Yahoo! ID: mattsrose (if you want to IM me)

Heather

Assistant For You!

P.S. thank you all for your continued comments! It is really helpful and encouraging!

Heather,

That is absolutely fabulous!!

Keep up the great work! Keep us updated on your progress in this vein, we LOVE good news, as I am sure that you know.

Update:

Just wanted to let you all know that I have had 8 sign up for my mentoring program! applause.gif I am thrilled! applause.gif Each seems to be enjoying the program although find the exercises a bit of a stretch at times.

I am excited to be adding "group" sessions in about month. This will allow all those in the program to collaborate and help each other grow.

To make this happen, my new goal is to double my mentoring base to 16 and that will give us two great sized classes for the group sessions.

If you know of anyone who needs a mentor or would like to revamp their business, I'd love the referral!

Warmly,

AFYHeather

Guest TerryGreen

Heather,

I don't know how I missed this thread, but I did. I think a mentoring program for new VAs is great . . . and agree with everyone that it is sorely needed.

Great job thumbup.gif and congratulations on having 8 in your program applause.gif .

Terry

Heather,

Wow, great to hear your idea is working out for you!! I'll keep you in mind if I hear any people needing this service!

kimmer biggrin.gif

• Want to Become a VA?
    Invest in The VAC!
    How Do YOU Startup A

Virtual Assistant Organization Association
    Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
    * Access to Our Bus JOB Board *
    * Group Coaching & Training*
    *Training Tracks*
    * Private Mastermind Area *
    * Business Templates *
    * Contracts & Forms*
    * Plus VAinsider Perks! *
    UPGRADE HERE

HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.