Janet01

Multi-File (Folder) Sharing over Internet?

SharePoint.com is a great resource. I believe it's about $20 a month. It's easy to use, and you can change the documents within the site itself (including PDFs) or export to your computer.

Thanks Brent,

I just signed up so you should see a referral bonus soon. ;) I'm not loyal to any program yet, but I'm happy to try this out! :thumbup:

I have the answer for you. This program is called Dropbox. You install it on your computer and invite your client to add a shared folder on their computer. Then it puts a folder on your computer and one in your clients computer. They are linked together and synced. Then all you have to do is drag the file into the folder and it puts the file in the clients folder. If the file is changed on either end, it is automatically synced up.

The program is secure and works beautifully. I have been using it for over 8 months now and I love it. You start with 2GB of storage. If you refer someone, they automatically add 250mb up to 5GB. Not only do you get 250mb, but the person that joined also gets 250mb.

Oh...did I mention it is FREE!

No more sending emails or using all those clunky programs to send large files. Just drag and drop. Did I mention it is FREE?

Get Dropbox

Please use the link above so we each get the additional 250mb. I cannot say enough about this program (obviously). Also, the files are accessible anywhere from any computer. The files are securely stored on remote server. So it serves as a mini-backup server.

Did I mention it is FREE?

:)

I want to thank everyone who signed up through my link for the extra 250mb for both of us. I hope everyone is enjoying their Dropbox. I love it. But I have reached the maximum for referral space. If you want to sign up, ask one of the other VA's who signed up through this thread and you both will get an extra 250mb.

I have yet to have anything bad to say about it. I uploaded a 746 mb file in just 14 minutes.

Did I mention it is FREE?

I was introduced to Dropbox from a client! It is one of my favorite tools. I also love the fact that it shows up in my Documents list so when I attach a document to an email, I don't have to save things to my harddrive. I can directly attach it from the dropbox folder!

Great tool!

I need to sign up for this service also.

Who else might have some referral space available since Brent's have all been used? Please DM me and I'll sign up.

Thank you!!!

WILD!! My associate who was looking at Google Wave with me just walked past (IM) and said "Check out DropBox.com, It is awesome."

Now, I have to do that.

I've been using DropBox since the spring and I LOVE IT. Mostly use it to easily make sure I've got my client files on both my laptop & desktop without having to remember to sync them. I am not using it WITH any of my clients yet, but I am using it with several of the PTA board members (I'm the treasurer). The president, secretary & I share my PTA folder. I'm also sharing a folder with another VA that I'm collaborating on a project with. It's great! I've currently got 4 gb of available space (gotten 2 gb from referrals), so I can get up to 1 gb more with additional referrals. But, I'm not in a huge hurry since I'm only using 3.8% of my space right now (156mb)!

It looked to my friend/associate that the 'free' area would be limited to 3 gb right now, but I'm excited about this. We will share information, but the possibilities for the 'wireless' network for my own machines makes me 'giddy'. I had been trying to get up my nerve to take the router apart to get the new laptop onto the wired network which was still kind of primitive for me to use. He didn't know about the 250 mg referral, but was plenty glad to give me his link. I did my FIVE things almost right away and got a little more.