Janet01

Multi-File (Folder) Sharing over Internet?

Anyone is free to use my link to dropbox :)

Pat, I just opened my own Dropbox account using your referral link. :thumbup: Looks like an amazing service, especially for FREE! Woohooo! Thanks for the tip!

Marie :balloon:

Anyone is free to use my link to dropbox :)

Thank you my friend, I just used your link. I can always count on you.

Guest Pat Z.

And thank you ladies - now I can use it with another client :) You guys rock!

I have a friend who wants to sign up for Dropbox. Anyone want to give me a referral so you can get an additional 250 mb of storage?

Brent, this is our affiliate link at VAnetworking.... http://www.VAnetworking.com/dropbox so please use it ;)

Oh, Dropbox ROCKS!! I use it for the things I work on while at my J.O.B. (homework and content I'm composing for my website are the biggies right now), as well as to save stuff I find online, so that I can get to all of it when I'm back home. No more using a USB stick, no more hassle.

To anyone who has not used Dropbox, once you have it set up you use it as you would any other folder on your computer. Save docs there, open them from there and when you're done working on them just save as you normally would. The updated version of the document replaces what was there and then when you go to work on that document from another computer you just pop open your "My Dropbox" folder and grab it from there. The install (which has to be done on any computers from which you wish to use Dropbox) and account set-up is super easy AND it works as another form of data back-up. And it's FREE!!! How much better could it get??

Marie :balloon:

I have the answer for you. This program is called Dropbox. You install it on your computer and invite your client to add a shared folder on their computer. Then it puts a folder on your computer and one in your clients computer. They are linked together and synced. Then all you have to do is drag the file into the folder and it puts the file in the clients folder. If the file is changed on either end, it is automatically synced up.

The program is secure and works beautifully. I have been using it for over 8 months now and I love it. You start with 2GB of storage. If you refer someone, they automatically add 250mb up to 5GB. Not only do you get 250mb, but the person that joined also gets 250mb.

Oh...did I mention it is FREE!

No more sending emails or using all those clunky programs to send large files. Just drag and drop. Did I mention it is FREE?

Ask one of the other VA's here who signed up for a referral.

Please use the link above so we each get the additional 250mb. I cannot say enough about this program (obviously). Also, the files are accessible anywhere from any computer. The files are securely stored on remote server. So it serves as a mini-backup server.

Did I mention it is FREE?

:)

Hi Brent!

Great idea, but I had trouble with the download - probably all the "JUNK" I have - any suggestions?

Linda

Great idea, but I had trouble with the download - probably all the "JUNK" I have - any suggestions?

Linda

Try it again. I am not really sure what problem you are experiencing, so I am unsure of what to tell you. Oh yeah......get rid of the junk.

Thank you Brent for the tip. I just downloaded (unfortunately, I was too excited to get onboard and I missed Tanya's post with the referral link :(

Can't wait to get started on file sharing ...I wanted something for my computers at home and laptop and it works on my iphone!! Great. thanks!

Just about the time this conversation was going hot, an associate found DropBox and we were thinking all kinds of ways we could use it.

I have had a wired network at home, but wasn't really happy with it. A new computer was going to take some extra thinking to get it on, and I kept putting it off.

Then, Thursday afternoon, a file I was uploading to http://www.cardinalbluff.com would have an image that was corrupted. Don't know why, but it was. I put the file into dropbox from the desktop, opened it on the laptop and uploaded it again to get it to work FINE! So, now I 'm feeling really smart because I have this network that works better than any that I've had before. I go to the onsite job where I have also installed dropbox and the first thing I get is an update about the pdf I had recently put into the dropbox. Now, I'm networked everywhere, no wires, no desktop server leash. If I felt smart before, it is nothing compared to how smart I felt then.

Another great service that I have been implementing is Mozy. They are offering a free 2gb storage with a 512mb referral upgrade.

I am using Mozy as my backup service.

It allows access to any file I backed up from the web and also allows back ups from an external drive. I use Windows Home Server and my external drive and it backs up my whole network. I have 7 computers in my network. Hehehe. (I have over 2TB of storage) It is good to be me! :thumbup:

Brent, they are asking for a referral number. I can't get any of the numbers in the url link to work in the little box. Do you have a referral number? I will keep that window open to add it.

Brent, they are asking for a referral number. I can't get any of the numbers in the url link to work in the little box. Do you have a referral number? I will keep that window open to add it.

Referral number for what? You should be able to just fill in your info and go. I do not believe there is a referral number.