1stva

Caffeine addict?

Anyone else here a caffeine addict? I drink FAR too much, I drink over a pot of coffee all day, and then move on to diet coke. Do I have a problem?

huh.gif

Donna

It's starting to storm here so I'm signing off, eeek!

I usually only need a coffee to give mea good pick up when I am REALLY Over tired.. lately Ive been back on track so thats good!

It sure looks like it is going to start storming here its looking very dark!!!

Where are you from Donna??

Pam

AAhhh, my coffee!!! I'm brutal for drinking too much!!

All day long!! whistling.gif

kimmer

I don't drink too much coffee, but Diet Cokes at least 3-4 a day, crazy I know blink.gif .

That's better than last year for me, I use to easily drink 8-10 a day, and then migraines started kicking in. So to answer your question; no I don't think your addicted. I think I'm addicted tongue.gif ... Enjoy the rest of your day!

Edited by Mzmichelle

I swtched to instant so I would not have to drink a whole pot myself. (Is that the earth shaking or me?) Tastes awful but limits me to a cup or two. I make it strong.

I now make hot tea in my coffee pot in the winter. A practice half way between the british an american way of life. Either Tetley or Red Rose, it has caffine too but not as much. Right now it is hot so I freeze water bottles and sip icewater all day.

Gotta pee!

I have to have my coffee first thing in the morning when I sit down to start work. Then I have ice water the rest of the day in the summer. In the winter, nothing beats my hot chocolate with Bailey's in the mid-afternoon!

Lori

I only drink coffee if it has Grand Marnier in it wink.gif

Saying that, it is about once a month LOL!

I do drink a couple cups of tea in the morning and more throughout the day when it is colder outside. As for pop, we have a house limit of 4 a week which is more than enough for the kids so the fact that the pop isn't around much means I don't drink it often. I do love a cool 7-up when I need a quench however.

Tawnya

PS: I heard in the US your Mountain Dew has caffeine in it, up here in Canada it doesn't, wonder what is up with that?

I wish I could drink coffee! If I drink coffee, even half a cup, I will be deathly ill for at least three days. We are talking about might as well bring a pillow and blanket into the bathroom. mad.gif I haven't had coffee for well over ten years. One time a friend got me hot chocolate with mocha. I thought, there can't be much coffee in this, it is just for the flavor. Oh man, was I miserable!

I do have at least one soft drink a day, which I should delete from my life.

Naomi, if you can't drink coffee, you have to try my hot chocolate with Bailey's. I make about 2/3 of a cup of hot chocolate, but make it with milk, not water, and I use the Irish Coffee cups. Then you put in a shot (or two, or three.....) of Baileys. Add coffee creamer until it's almost to the top. Then top it off with whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon and a bit of shaved chocolate. It's rich, it's chocolate and it's heaven!!!!! (And yes, it is laden with calories, but I try not to think about that!)

Lori

smile.gif

I have to admit I am a caffeine addict! I drink it all day at home then when I go to town, I can't drive past Tim Horton's without at least going through the drive thru! I go into withdrawal if I dont get to town for a couple days!!!

I just had to post on this thread. Mt. Dew in the US has tons of caffeine. And guess what, it is about the only thing I drink, and have drank it now for over 20 years. It is the worst habit I have and the worst anyone could have. It is awful for the teeth, the gut and the kindeys! But I can not find anything else that I like to drink. I guess that makes me a true addict in every way. I get major headaches when I do not get my caffeine. If there is one thing to teach your kids besides staying away from drugs is to stay away from Dew! I drink only about 4-5 a day. The only other thing I drink is a cup of milk with my supper.

I wonder if they have a rehab clinic for caffeine addicts???? I think I need one big time. But I can't live without my Dew! It is really bad when everyone in my family knows to have it on hand just for me. They never ask what I want to drink, just if I want a drink, knowing what I want.

Sooo! After all of that, in answer to the main question...

No you don't have a problem, but I sure dew...opps mean do!

Cheers! drunk.gif (looks like little Dew bottles...hehe)

Dori

Hi:

Oh man. I love my coffee. I mean I love it. I can't wake up without it. And Diet Cokes too. But my all time weakness is Ice Coffees. That's my treat for all finished jobs. When I need a boost to finish a job. When I'm celebrating anything. You name it.

I found a place that sells the best coffee. It's Badda Bean online. www.baddabean.net. I mean this stuff is killer. I was almost tempted to start selling it on my site so I could get it free. Like I need to do something else. Although it's so good, I'm still thinking about it. I mean I almost dream of the stuff. Yes, I have a problem! biggrin.gif