Looking for helping in bringing in business

Hello everyone - I am wondering if anyone can tell me how to bring customers into your business via the internet? Is there a way to network with others so we can help each other in business .. link exchange .. etc. Thanks

An option that seems to work well for many people is joining a local Chamber of Commerce. You can then network at many events that they might hold throughout the year. Bring plenty of business cards with you.

You have to be persistent but patient!!!

Kim

Guest Pat Z.

Hi Desire,

One good way to market via the internet is to join different groups that your target market belongs to and participate. If you post intelligent answers to questions or interesting content, you will be noticed. It's just like networking live at different events, only you don't get to actually "meet" in person.

The key, IMHO, is to get to know the people first instead of just pushing your services. Develop relationships - you'd be amazed at how that will spiral into business down the road once people realize that you know what you're talking about and can provide solutions for them.

Good luck and let us know how you're doing.

Desire:

Pat is exactly right. One of the best ways to get clients is to find out where your target market hangs out - and then join them. I would suggest you contact the moderator of the group, tell them you are a VA and you would love to join their group in order to find out their unique struggles and needs. That way you can best give them what they need.

You then make sure you are active in those groups. As Pat said, get your name out there, answer questions, ask questions, maybe even conduct an "unofficial" survey to find out how you can best help them. You will soon become known as the go-to person when they have a problem. And that brings in clients.

The way I built my business was through referrals. Once you get that first ideal client, referrals are great ways to build your business to overflowing. There is nothing like a referral from a satisfied client. Because they are your ideal client, they tell other ideal clients about you and they come to you already sold! You really can't beat referrals!

Hope this helps. And we look forward to supporting you as you begin your new venture.

Vickie Turley

A Balanced Alternative

www.abalancedalternative.com/va-mentoring.html

Thanks so much for all your replies! Great information

Desire:

Pat is exactly right. One of the best ways to get clients is to find out where your target market hangs out - and then join them. I would suggest you contact the moderator of the group, tell them you are a VA and you would love to join their group in order to find out their unique struggles and needs. That way you can best give them what they need.

You then make sure you are active in those groups. As Pat said, get your name out there, answer questions, ask questions, maybe even conduct an "unofficial" survey to find out how you can best help them. You will soon become known as the go-to person when they have a problem. And that brings in clients.

The way I built my business was through referrals. Once you get that first ideal client, referrals are great ways to build your business to overflowing. There is nothing like a referral from a satisfied client. Because they are your ideal client, they tell other ideal clients about you and they come to you already sold! You really can't beat referrals!

Hope this helps. And we look forward to supporting you as you begin your new venture.

Vickie Turley

A Balanced Alternative

.....how to bring customers into your business via the internet? ....

Writing articles, blogging, Email promotions, In-store Only promotions, etc.; and more!

I heard you should write 4 or more articles (400 words), pertaining to your target market needs, on a daily basis and get them in the article directories; that get them to your landing page or site and invites them into your business.

Hopefully your business is in a somewhat convenient location.

best wishes,

Donna

.....how to bring customers into your business via the internet? ....

Writing articles, blogging, Email promotions, In-store Only promotions, etc.; and more!

I heard you should write 4 or more articles (400 words), pertaining to your target market needs, on a daily basis and get them in the article directories; that get them to your landing page or site and invites them into your business.

Hopefully your business is in a somewhat convenient location.

best wishes,

Donna

Donna, try having a teleseminar about what sets you apart or giving information on what you do. This will give you materials for blogs and articles online that help drive traffic to your website. I am posting information, or you can check out my website if you need some help. The more you have your information out in various formats the better. You can post your teleseminar on your website and turn that teleseminar into a video using powerpoint and submit it to the various video sites for helping to increase your traffic.

Good luch with your business,

Shannon Holloway

MyTechMeetings

I love this idea. I am just starting out myself and this advice regarding referrals and word of mouth is something I had not thought of but will utilizing. Thanks for the headsup.

Antoinette

I can tell you my experience :thumbup: I started as a member back in September and then I became a VAinsider, continued to network in different areas, and you know where I got my client base, right here. As my name became more noticed I became friends with other VA's and then because I have a unique niche my name was referred to people from other VAs now I have done it, although I still stay in the lime light so to speak, I dont want to drop off the grid. LOL but I could not show my appreciation enough for what VAnetworking and the great VA's here have done for me and my business. Follow their advice and just like me, it does pay off. :rolleyes:

Thanks so much for all your replies! Great information

Desire:

Vickie Turley

A Balanced Alternative

Guest intercovbc

Blogging, email newsletters, twitter, facebook, LinkedIn. Joining forums.

Dianna is spot-on with here advice. Be sure to stay active in the VANetworking world, as well as any other VA networking forums that you like out there. Many VAs, once they get to know and trust you, will be happy to pass on overflow work, or subcontract to you.

Also, try MeetUp.com - you can find networking meet-up groups all over the place for just about every interest. I've joined a few that looked interesting to me to meet face-to-face with people who are not only potential clients, but those I can learn from. You can give the search your interests (mine were online business, network marketing, small business, entrepreneurs, women in business, etc.) and how far away from your zip code that you are willing to travel to meet up, and voila! I pretty much have my first client solidified and it was from a very small Heart Link Network meet-up.

Also, joining your local Chamber of Commerce is a good move. Hit up one of their free mixers (or attend your first even free or cheap, most do this to get new members) and see how it goes!