AngieW

New from Fort Worth, Texas

I'm Angie and I literally just started my VA business today. :D I sent out my first proposal today and got my website live.

It's fairly basic though so I'm wondering if I should add more to it. I wanted to keep it as simple as possible so that too much information didn't turn someone away. :blink:

I would love feedback if you all don't mind providing it. :unsure:

Thanks!!

AngieW

http://www.virtualparalegal.biz

Welcome to the group and the VA industry Angie!

Congratulations on sending out your first proposal! :D

You're website looks great to me, I am also trying to keep my simple to start with.

Hope you enjoy your time here. We have some great people here with a lot of valuable information.

Jennifer :rolleyes:

Welcome Angie and I think you are off to a great start with your new VA business. Your website looks great and you will find it grow as you grow as well. Only suggestion I have is to put your address on it or at least area you cover locally so local businesses know this info. A post office box sometimes works good for this instead of your home address. My post office gives a suite # instead of a PO Box # which makes your outfit look like it is actually in an office. Only reason I got this PO Box though was because I move around so much.

Good luck,

Tawnya

vainsiders.jpg

How much do PO boxes usually run? I'm trying very hard not to sink too much money right off the bat. I really don't like using my home address, but I almost feel I don't have a choice right now.

I guess I need to run and check mine out. I really don't think that I want to list my home address.

I don't like listing my physical address. Too many safety risks. You never know who may lurk onto your site and see it! :ph34r:

I agree with Jacky, a PO box is probably a better way to go.

I also use a PO box, but like Tawnya, my box number is actually a Suite #.

Jennifer

I was just going to suggest this Jennifer,

My address is Suite 253, yada yada yada...

If you can use the words "suite" or "unit" instead of "PO" with your mailbox addy, it gives you more of a bigger looking presentation of your business. People may actually think you have an office and don't just work from home.

Tawnya

vainsiders.jpg

That's right! I wanted to be able to use "Suite" instead of "PO" for a couple of reasons.

1. The "appearance" of an office not a Post Office box.

2. Some courier companies will not deliver to a PO box

The company I have my box with states all their boxes as "suites" not "po's" and they accept packages on behalf of their box holders. It's worked out really well for me.

Jennifer

I just called to the one over by me and they list theirs as PMB (private mail boxes). :( I bet that means that Fed Ex wouldn't deliver to those either.

Hi Angie!!

I just viewed your site and I love it, it is clean and straight forward and that is what business people like. When they are seeking a service such as ours they don't want it dressed up so it is hard to find the information they want, they know what they want and just need to have it available to them in the quickest form possible.

BTW: I was in Arlington in the beginning of August and was fortunate to visit Fort Worth and Dallas, what a lovely state you live in.

Cathy :D

Welcome to the group Angie! :)

You have a nice clean site. I like it. As Tawnya said, it will grow as you grow. If you have not surmised as of yet, we are a friendly group. Welcome.