pmdost

FYI...Arnie and FoVA

Whew....so glad to hear Arnie's doing well!

I'll bet you it was withdrawls from his "harem". It was great to see everyone, even you Arnie (tee hee hee) and can't wait until we all get together again.

Hugs and smooches,

Pam

I may have found out what was wrong with Arnie.... he is "Full of s*&t!" LITERALLY! HA!

We'll know for sure in a few days. Now that we are home he went to doctor this morning and is now on a liquid diet. They ran a battery of tests on him.

We had just arrived at mom/dad's cottage in the middle of redneck country up north of Tweed, Ontario after a 4-5 hour drive from FoVA in Niagara Falls. He was acting odd for him letting me drive halfway there. (He never lets me drive...its a guy thing) so lots of signs before hand. He also laid around all night which is unusual for him saying his bones ached. Probably too much stimulation from all the FoVA girls he kept saying ;) Off to bed he went. Mom and I stayed up till one or so catching up and I finally went to bed exhausted too only to have Arnie wake up around 2am saying he had to go to emergency. This surprised me as I've never seen Arnie sick really since I met him....he sucks up most sicknesses he has. He'll have the flu and you won't even know it. So when he said at 2am he had to go to emerg...I knew something was wrong with him. Mom came with us thank goodness as we were in the middle of bum-f&*k nowhere and it took us about 2 hours to get to hospital. Arnold was in a ton of pain and I knew he wanted to get there as he kept telling me to pass transports and such which he never typically would tell me to do.

At the hospital though, they drugged him up with tons of morphine and toradol but it didn't seem to work. He went for some xrays to rule out kidney stones and then did a catscan to discover he had a collapsed lung which was the reason for the breathing problems. They then took him back for another catscan and right before he had it he puked up one large ball of undigested food from night before. We waited a long time in emergency but doctors there couldn't figure out what was wrong. But his next catscan didn't show the fluid on his lungs this time and it was like he cured himself.

He's still in pain today but not bad like while in hospital. We figure he just got bunged up from eating too much at FoVA LOL! We usually don't eat that much food in a day and anyone that went to FoVA knows the food was fantastic and readily available ;)

He is now on a liquid diet for a few days but he went back to work today...says it still pains but may be just because of the swelling of his intestines and such and now they are bruised a bit.

Hopefully, that is all that it is and tests will all come back normal :)

Thanks for everyone's concerns!

Tawnya

He is now on a liquid diet for a few days but he went back to work today...says it still pains but may be just because of the swelling of his intestines and such and now they are bruised a bit.

Tawnya

Poor Arnie! It's scary to go to small-town hospitals sometimes. Glad he's feeling better! Even 007 gets knocked down sometimes! :)

Tracey

Glad Arnie is better, unknown episodes are scary. So much for your R&R, should be better now that you are home. I'm positive his tests will be fine.

Thanks for the update

Guest TerryGreen

So glad he's feeling better ... thanks for the update. Give him a big hug and kiss for me ;)

Wait until he seems the video I shot of him dancing with the pool cue ;)

Take care,

Frances

Aiieeey!!! I remember this dancing episode and it was good! Betcha you could could go on tv Arnie and join the "Stars"!! :kicking:

Guest Arnie

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. To tell you the truth I have never been in so much pain. I have lots of broken bones including my ribs (twice). But wow, three hits of morphine in less that 20 minutes before the pains started to go away, Still a little bit of pain but over all just fine.

THX

Again,

I was an absolute hoot to have met you all. The funny thing now though is when I read each of your posts, I hear it in your voice while I'm reading it. You all must have made an inpression.. :naughty:

I was an absolute hoot to have met you all. The funny thing now though is when I read each of your posts, I hear it in your voice while I'm reading it. You all must have made an inpression.. :naughty:

It was a hoot to meet you too, eh! Now...are the impressions good or bad? :naughty:

So I'm not the only one hearing everyone's voices as I read their posts now? Not only did we put names and faces together at FoVA but we added the voices too.

Good to hear you are recovering from your FoVA withdrawals Arnie, maybe now I'm glad I couldn't make it! I hope you are totally pain free soon!

Of course we made an impression, Arnie, we're all awesome! :)

I also hear everyone's voices in the posts - it's great - and I'm still saying I don't know how we're going to wait almost 18 months for the next FoVA. I think maybe a VAnetworking mastermind retreat should be in the works between now and then! (gee, I hope I get invited!)

Be well, buddy!

Tracey