Sign in to follow this  
Kimberly L

Switching to FIREFOX

I am finally making the switch to Firefox today. It has been sitting on my computer for soooo long. I am tired of fighting with IE (but a hard habit to break :). Anyways... I was wondering if anyone could share their favorite Firefox add-on to get me using it to its full potential.

Thanks,

Kim

I am finally making the switch to Firefox today. It has been sitting on my computer for soooo long. I am tired of fighting with IE (but a hard habit to break :). Anyways... I was wondering if anyone could share their favorite Firefox add-on to get me using it to its full potential.

Thanks,

Kim

My faves:

Fireshot (thanks to Cyndi Papia for recommending this one!)

Firebug (a must have tool for web designers)

Thanks. This looks like a GREAT add-on. I love Firefox but had not seen this. I get so side-tracked because I always run across tons of things I want to read later but don't necessarily want to add the whole website to my Google Reader. I end up with a ton of tabs open. This looks like it will do the job. :yay:

Guest Page2Page

I've been using Flock as my browser, which is great for social media as well, as it links diretly with Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, Blogger, WordPress, and many more applications.

It has just been upgraded to include Facebook. It also has a web clipboard, like the read it later function mentioned ablove - very handy!!

I have a couple of add ons that I love.

IE Tab - allows you to view a site in a way that makes it think you're using IE - like those pesky financial sites that REQUIRE you to use IE.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

Fire FTP - I use it for FTPing stuff to my own web server and my clients' servers all the time. The only FTP I use anymore.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/684

I'm kind of torn. I really detest Firefox's browsers and inability to save bookmarks logically, but I also detest Outlook, which doesn't play nice (on my gimpy laptop) with Firefox. So much so that Outlook dumped all of my settings, contacts and most of my saved mail.

I downloaded Thunderbird last night to try it out. It sort of operates like Outlook (at least from my limited knowledge), but I can't figure out how to get 2 of my other email programs to forward to it. I also can't figure out how to make a signature for the bottom of my emails.

[sigh]

Is there a perfect world?

II really detest Firefox's browsers and inability to save bookmarks logically

I stopped using any browser's bookmarks and just us delicious now. I can't believe it took me so long to switch over. I had SOOOOOO many bookmarks, and delicious is just a better management system for my bookmarks.