Dana Fortier

This isn't a Peeve

And I didn't know where to post it. Here's the gist of a piece of mail I got today:

Order of Dismissal

Pursuant to the motion of the Chapter 13 Trustee and for good cause shown, the Court hereby dismisses this proceeding for failure of the debtor to comply with the terms of the Chapter 13 Plan previously confirmed herein.

What this means, my dear friends, is that my psycho hell-bitch ex client who (1) filed a false claim with PayPal and screwed me out of $1500 (that I just got back last week WITH PENALTIES, thank you very much); and (2) named my final invoice in her Bankruptcy proceedings has lost her right for proceeding with her Bankruptcy and I can proceed with collection proceedings against her!! Final invoice plus accrued interest.....

:kicking: :kicking: :kicking: :kicking: :kicking: :kicking: :kicking:

I was doing a happy dance at the mailbox today - making the neighbors wonder why.

I'm guessing the accrued interest will make said client especially happy to see this. :naughty:

Glad after all this time it's all working out in your favor, Dana. Isn't there a name for that? Yeah, karma, baby.

~Ruth

Thanks for all the well wishes! Now the fun begins - collecting. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau about her last night.

My next step is to send her an invoice with the accrued interest listed and giving her 30 days to pay. If she doesn't pay in the next 30 days, I'm filing a lawsuit against her and luckily the state in which she lives allows me to do a "bank net" search, which means when I get the judgment against her, I send the Judgment Order to the state banking regulation office, and they'll send out feelers and find her bank account and then I can garnish the bank account that way.

If she'd just paid the invoice we wouldn't have gotten this far. Its going to be a lot of work for me, but by now - its worth it personally. What she owes now with costs and accrued interest (so far) is about 2 1/2 times what the original invoice amount was. By the time I finish adding in the court costs, etc., its going to be about 4 times the original invoice amount.

I love the way people think that if they just get involved with a "legal proceeding", (bankruptcy) they can get out of a lot of responsibilities. It doesn't alway work this way!! The stupid people always lose and the smart prevail!!! Glad to hear that your nightmare is starting on a path to being completed.

Congrats Dana! So glad to hear you finally won this. :thumbup:

I took that client of mine to court and won the $5700 he owed me. It was a hollow win though since there seems to be no way to collect across border. If you know of a way, please let me know but I am not familiar with US laws. I sent it to a claims company but they told me that this guy was crazy and not to expect any money collected from him. I have at this point just wrote it off and take it as a learning experience to teach others about.

Tawnya

Congrats Dana! So glad to hear you finally won this. :thumbup:

I took that client of mine to court and won the $5700 he owed me. It was a hollow win though since there seems to be no way to collect across border. If you know of a way, please let me know but I am not familiar with US laws. I sent it to a claims company but they told me that this guy was crazy and not to expect any money collected from him. I have at this point just wrote it off and take it as a learning experience to teach others about.

Tawnya

Tawnya,

Here in the US you can have their paychecks garnished, liens put against any properties they may own, or take a judgment out on him making it so he can never own a thing until his debt to you is paid off ...have the attorney who helped you win this case contact the state's chamber of commerce where this guy lives and find out who you would need to go thru to have these processes started?

The court/judge who ruled on your behalf may be able to also petition the court where the guy lives to have these things done as well.

I'm not positive on HOW it's done but I DO know you CAN.

Good Luck!!! I hope you do decide to pursue this because these "clients" who are like him, need to realize WE DO have legal steps we CAN take if they don't abide by what's owed.

Let us know (if you do decide to go thru with it) how it goes for you!

I've checked it all out and the cross border issue is the problem. My win in Canada doesn't seem to mean a thing in the US from what I've been told. The costs to pursue this far outweigh the return at this point.

I've checked it all out and the cross border issue is the problem. My win in Canada doesn't seem to mean a thing in the US from what I've been told. The costs to pursue this far outweigh the return at this point.

Since you have a business presence in Washington state, file there and get a Judgment there. He's in NY if I remember right - right? If so, there's a VERY EASY way to collect if he's in NY. Get your Judgment in Washington and then let me know when you do and I'll guide you from there.

Contrats Dana! Now is the oh-so-fun collection procedures. But at least you know that the end result will be your payment.

Your mouth ... God's ears. :thumbup:

I filed a BBB Complaint and she replied very pleasantly to the BBB, but the scathing email I got from her was so bad. Again - filled with foul language and calling me every name in the book.

Why she thinks she's going to get away with her behavior is beyond me. I forwarded that email to the BBB Caseworker to let him know this is the response I get from her.

Because I'm following the letter of the laws in my state, I have to wait until July 15th to file my Small Claims Court Case against her. However, I am going to attach a copy of her latest email to me that specifically says she'll never pay this invoice. She's bitten herself in the butt with that one. :forkoff: