trunkbranches

How to start a VA Business

mellow.gif As office people who would like to become a VA, many of us don't know how to begin. We have the dream, vision and perserverence, but...then what?

Could we have a forum where practising VA's tell us step by step how to become a successful VA, suggestiions, dos & don'ts? Also, another of my personal questions is about how I exchange work between myself and my customer. For example, how would I get invoices, receipts, etc from a customer I'm doing bookkeeping for?

Most of these answers and more can be found throughout the forum using search feature or under various categories but specifically General Questions.

Maybe I could set up a forum called "Just getting started" although this may be redundant as most questions related to this are in the "General VA Questions" forum.

Tawnya

This is my first-ever post though I have been lurking for quite a while. I have de-lurked to say I think it would be AWESOME to have all the start-up tips in one place since a lot of the time I don't even know what questions to ask in order to do a search.

To put everything in one place is what we have tried to do by having this forum. Each forum is categorized according to topics. There are so many things involved with starting up a VA Business that one could write a book on it (I actually have and it will be on the market soon and will announce when ready). The best suggestion (if you don't like using the "search" function) is to start in the General Virtual Assistant Questions Forum and read through the 33 pages of almost 500 topics and about 5000 replies to those topics there as most startup tips would be in that forum. The next forum to read in its entirety would most likely be the Marketing Tips Category forum.

Hope this helps...and enjoy the many posts!

Tawnya