Kristine S

Windows Terminal Services

Has anyone ever worked with Windows Terminal Services? If so, how did you set it up? Did you do it or did you hire someone to do it? I would rather work with a VA (or individual) who has the knowledge of it than a big IT company who won't be available if any issues arise.

I need to set one up for a client who is going to be using QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, along with a warehouse module. I've set up the systems that we are using but have never done it virtually-always for a "brick & mortar" business :rolleyes:

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Have a great weekend!.....(just a couple more days :thumbup:

Kris

Did you try sending a tweet or asking this question on LinkedIn? I have found individuals to do jobs that big corporations do in this manner. LinkedIn especially is a great resource. Use the Answers section to post a question.

At this time, I'm just looking for someone to "explain" to me how it works so that I know I'm understanding it the way that it actually reads.

Not looking for someone to do it, b/c from what I read, it can be done by me....it's an easy hook-up from what I have found....just want to confirm that I can do it....I'm sick of reading Microsoft websites :wacko:

What OS is the server computer running? I've set Quickbooks up for Terminal Services on both Windows Server 2003 and 2008. 2008 is by far the better option, if you have a choice but 2003 is definitely do-able.

What OS is the server computer running? I've set Quickbooks up for Terminal Services on both Windows Server 2003 and 2008. 2008 is by far the better option, if you have a choice but 2003 is definitely do-able.

What are Terminal Services? :huh:

Linda

OS is windows XP and I was thinking of getting the WS 2008. From what I read, I just buy and install and then we purchase more CAL's if needed as it grows. Is it really that simple? I keep thinking that I'm missing something in my research, that is has to cost more or be more of an issue or everyone would be doing it???

Thanks for the advice, Tom. I did read better reviews on 2008 than 2003.

Linda-Windows Terminal Services is a Microsoft Server package that you can buy to work remotely. Some software, such as what I'm setting up for this customer do not work efficiently with remote programs like "logmein" or "webex" so we're purchasing a server to install the programs on so that all of our locations (VA's) can work with the customer's software.

OS is windows XP and I was thinking of getting the WS 2008. From what I read, I just buy and install and then we purchase more CAL's if needed as it grows. Is it really that simple? I keep thinking that I'm missing something in my research, that is has to cost more or be more of an issue or everyone would be doing it???

Thanks for the advice, Tom. I did read better reviews on 2008 than 2003.

Linda-Windows Terminal Services is a Microsoft Server package that you can buy to work remotely. Some software, such as what I'm setting up for this customer do not work efficiently with remote programs like "logmein" or "webex" so we're purchasing a server to install the programs on so that all of our locations (VA's) can work with the customer's software.

Thank you! Good knowledge! I will file away for later use!

Linda