Assistance4U

VirtualAssistingUSA

Hello everyone

I am wondering if anyone in the group is registered and using the VirtualAssistingUSA site. They allow you to sign up for free but in order for potential clients to find you or you to find jobs they are asking you to sign up for a paid membership. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with this site.

Thanks in advance for any help or insight you can give.

B

Hi! I actually do work with VirtualAssistingUSA. I know several VA's have been placed with clients, and additional training is offered to those VA's who would like to take advantage of it. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Charlene

Hi! I actually do work with VirtualAssistingUSA. I know several VA's have been placed with clients, and additional training is offered to those VA's who would like to take advantage of it. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Charlene

Thanks Charlene. I appreciate your replying and your insight. I am new to the VA world and business after 30 years in corporate America and just trying to find work and how to best acquire clients.

B

Hello! I too work with VirtualAssistingUSA and it is great! It allows you to create your own profile so you can go ahead and market your own VA business. They actually help you set up your own business and offer training on how to market it. You can sign up for free and create the profile and market yourself or you can sign up for 9.95/month and your profile can be viewed by potential clients going to them AND market yourself. What put it in perspective was that if I got a client paying me just say $10/hour, my membership would be paid in just one hour, so imagine if you had like 2 or 3 clients. They also give you a free training manual to help you get started when you sign up, free or not and then offer tons of training depending on what your niche is. I hope this helps :thumbup:

Regards,

Kasey

Hello! I too work with VirtualAssistingUSA and it is great! It allows you to create your own profile so you can go ahead and market your own VA business. They actually help you set up your own business and offer training on how to market it. You can sign up for free and create the profile and market yourself or you can sign up for 9.95/month and your profile can be viewed by potential clients going to them AND market yourself. What put it in perspective was that if I got a client paying me just say $10/hour, my membership would be paid in just one hour, so imagine if you had like 2 or 3 clients. They also give you a free training manual to help you get started when you sign up, free or not and then offer tons of training depending on what your niche is. I hope this helps :thumbup:

Regards,

Kasey

Hi! I hope it helps, too, as I just signed up! I trust what I read here, so I'm looking forward to getting some clients this way! Thank you all!

LindaQ

They are the sister company of a business that had a bad rep in the "work at home" industry a few years back. Has that changed?

Thanks KrisSprice that is what I am wondering. I was hoping to find someone who has actually received work through them. Their sister company is Team Double Click. Anyone have any info on either of these and have gotten work through them?

Thanks everyone for your help!

B

I don't think there's anything "wrong with Team Double Click", but they pay their VAs such a low hourly rate... I don't think they really do the industry any favors either. I'm ambivalent about it, but I an see where they can be useful for certain VAs.

Hi Candy,

Unfortunately, I'm probably one of those "certain VAs" because I have 6 months to start making money. If I don't, then I have to go back to work and continue trying to get a toe in the VA biz which will be harder. I'm confident that I will be successful, but I can't be discriminating. Any money is better than no money. Soooo, I'll keep my membership with them and take any crumbs I can get, as long as they are not dangerous (spam, hacking, etc.).

Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it!! See you at the Coffee Break on Mon.!

Linda

Linda -

No, there's nothing "bad" about them in that way... they are a real company with real people. When I first started as a VA I had no idea what this was all about. I'd heard about TDC so signed up with them (Not VirtualAssisting USA). They seemed really good and there are a lot of VAs who go through them to get clients. I bowed out of the program before getting any clients as my situation changed and I thought I wouldn't be doing VA work for awhile. And the hourly rate (which I still had to pay taxes on) was lower than I was making as an employee. When things changed again, I thought I'd just try to get clients on my own for awhile and now I'm full!

So no reason to "not" go with them, but just be sure to consider the ROI on your billable hours as well....

~R

As I mentioned in my first post, I've received work through both of these companies. If the hourly rate is a concern for you, you will get a higher rate with VAUSA-there are no agency fees and such. I've been happily working with TDC for almost two years now....VAUSA just started a few months ago.

Charlene