Janet01

New User Subscribed to my Wordpress Blog?

This morning I received an email from my Wordpress site saying I had a new user subscribed. When I log into my site and click on users, I see my name as Administrator and someone I don't know listed as a subscriber. Can someone explain what this means? Is this person able to change my blog or are they notified when I submit a new post? I don't get it.

Janet - typically when someone subscribes to a blog, it means they get notified of new blog posts. Unless you specifically give them author or admin rights, they can't login to your site and make changes. I'm not sure, though, how someone subscribed to your blog as I didn't see any links setup for them to do that. If you don't know the subscriber and are concerned about illegitimacy, you can always cancel their subscription.

HTH!

~R

In your dashboard go to Settings>General there is a box that is probably checked that says "Membership - Anyone can register." Uncheck that box. Then delete the new user.

Also, under Settings>Discussion, make sure the box is not checked that says, "Users must be registered and logged in to comment."

In your dashboard go to Settings>General there is a box that is probably checked that says "Membership - Anyone can register." Uncheck that box. Then delete the new user.

Also, under Settings>Discussion, make sure the box is not checked that says, "Users must be registered and logged in to comment."

Thanks! As usual, I log on to VANA and find information that I can use! What a great forum!

LindaQ

Crystal - Thanks so much for the instructions. I have had my site up for about two months now and between yesterday morning and this afternoon, I have had two people sign up to my site like this. Very strange since I cannot find what they are clicking on in order to be able to do this and I have not posted anything new lately that would be drawing them to the site. (But I'm not questioning why they are there!) I made the changes as you suggested. My main concern was that they were trying to take over or control my site.

Thanks again for the direction :D

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to Become a VA?
    Invest in The VAC!
    How Do YOU Startup A

Virtual Assistant Organization Association
    Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
    * Access to Our Bus JOB Board *
    * Group Coaching & Training*
    *Training Tracks*
    * Private Mastermind Area *
    * Business Templates *
    * Contracts & Forms*
    * Plus VAinsider Perks! *
    UPGRADE HERE

HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.