Tawnya,

Well I had a bad experience when I first opened my account with them with someone trying to commit fraud and they were not the easiest people to work with on this! So I closed my account and have not opened another one as of yet with them. I want to do some affiliate stuff but everyone so far requires a Paypal account which I don't want.

I due hope that you can get at least some of your monies back that is alot of money maybe not to you in retrospect but to most people it sure would be!!!

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Guest LMFaust

Tawnya,

I hope you are able to recover your money! I wasn't aware of the problems with PayPal until I ran across your tragedy with them. I appreciate you sharing your experience so that we can make an informed decision in whether to use them or not.

Linda

This could be good news for those of us who have lost money via Paypal. I lost $5700 in service chargebacks last year...let's cross our fingers!

http://www.courthousenews.com/2009/09/01/M...inst_PayPal.htm

After reading this and the posts after yours, I'd like to close my account. I CANNOT afford any problems with money at all. Who do you use instead?

LindaQ

Yes, others have had issues with PayPal but I never have. They are very easy to work with.

Patty Dost

Time Is Of The Es-Cents . . . Saving Your Business Time and Money ~~~ Virtually

Interested in Subcontracting with Virtual Assistants? Here's the ebook that will assist you.....The VAs VA

QUESTION :: What do VAs do when they've got big plans but don't know where to start?

ANSWER :: They download the VAnetworking Kick Start Package!

It's FREE :: It's FUN :: And you'll get something DONE :: Download yours now.

I've had a paypal account for years and have been problem free. It is a concern when someone experiences chargebacks, but any credit card transaction that is challenged can lead to the same experience.

No problems here either...whether it be sending or receiving money. And not as confusing as other merchant accounts who will deduct fees months later, leaving you scratching your head and wasting time looking back to make sure their fees are legit!

This could be good news for those of us who have lost money via Paypal. I lost $5700 in service chargebacks last year...let's cross our fingers!

http://www.courthousenews.com/2009/09/01/M...inst_PayPal.htm

After reading this and the posts after yours, I'd like to close my account. I CANNOT afford any problems with money at all. Who do you use instead?

LindaQ

I still have my PayPal account but stopped offering PayPal as a payment option for my clients and went with a regular merchant service provider. I'm using QuickBooks merchant services and it integrates seamlessly with my QuickBooks.

Wow, this post came just in time. I have a personal account with Paypal and had no problems. I was ready to open up a merchant account but now I may look at alternatives.

I'll check out your site, Tawyna, for other resources.

Thanks for the advice, ladies!

Mimi

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to Become a VA?
    Invest in The VAC!
    How Do YOU Startup A

Virtual Assistant Organization Association
    Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
    * Access to Our Bus JOB Board *
    * Group Coaching & Training*
    *Training Tracks*
    * Private Mastermind Area *
    * Business Templates *
    * Contracts & Forms*
    * Plus VAinsider Perks! *
    UPGRADE HERE

HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.