Guest VirtualRaven

can you sub-contract to more than 1 VA or VA Firm?

Guest VirtualRaven

Hi All,

I have a quick question. I have received an offer to take over some client work for another VA and she wants me to sign a sub-contract agreement to accept the task. I am all for it! However, I also got asked to join a lady as she builds her new Multi-level VA Team. I would be allowed to have my own clients, of course. But I am unsure whether or not I am permitted to be a sub-contractor to two different parties at the same time. I know it is probably a good idea to let both women know the situation, I was just wanting to know if this has happened to anyone else and if I need to make a decision on which contract to accept or if I am okay to do this, if they are okay and accept it.

So much for an easy Friday :)

Yours,

Raven Howard

Hi Raven,

How nice to be in demand! There should not be any problems with subcontracting for more than one person at a time, provided that they have no problem with it (they should each provide you with their own contractor agreement outlining their terms).

Many VAs belong to more than one team, or sub for more than one VA. I don't think there should be an issue (unless they are arch-enemies or something like that!).

Tracey

Guest VirtualRaven
Hi Raven,

How nice to be in demand! There should not be any problems with subcontracting for more than one person at a time, provided that they have no problem with it (they should each provide you with their own contractor agreement outlining their terms).

Many VAs belong to more than one team, or sub for more than one VA. I don't think there should be an issue (unless they are arch-enemies or something like that!).

Tracey

Thanks! As you can tell, all this is new to me, I like it just didn't know if I could do it!

Sweet! Well, that makes this a happy ending :)

Have a great Labor Day!

I agree with Tracey. They don't need to know exactly who you're working for - just tell them you're subbing for other VAs.

Patty Dost

Time Is Of The Es-Cents . . . Saving Your Business Time and Money ~~~ Virtually

Interested in Subcontracting with Virtual Assistants? Here's the ebook that will assist you.....The VAs VA

QUESTION :: What do VAs do when they've got big plans but don't know where to start?

ANSWER :: They download the VAnetworking Kick Start Package!

It's FREE :: It's FUN :: And you'll get something DONE :: Download yours now.

Hi Raven,

To me working for another Virtual Assistant is the same as working for any other client. Our clients don't expect us to work exclusively for them and the VA shouldn't mind either. One thing to keep in mind is to not share information between VA clients. What happens on one team stays on that team. I am a part of 3 VA teams and they all know who I work with and they are fine. I personally love working with other VAs.

Congratulations on the success!

Sincerely,

Deirdre Shockley

Hi Raven,

As a multi-VA company ower, I know and actually expect that my subs work for other VA's and their own clients too.

Karen

I don't see a problem with this but if you want to be extra sure of no conflict I would:

1) Make sure as DeidreS says "What happens on one team stays on that team". That includes making sure that emails don't go astray, that client information is not shared or accidentally sent to the wrong VA etc.

2) Flag it with both VAs "Just so you know, I'm working with another VA". This gives them the option of objecting without it seeming like you were underhand about it.

3) Make sure that if a conflict arises you say so ASAP without revealing confidential details. E.g. One of my subs also works for another VA and was really awkward about telling me that her "other boss" was working with one of "my" clients. She told me straight away and it made me laugh because I already knew about it, because the client told me he was working with two VA teams! She worded it as "I think I may have a conflict of interest with this client as I've been asked to work for them from another source" Had a client actually "defected" I'd know it wasn't because the Sub had nicked them, so she'd be in the clear.

A lot of these measures you wuold automatically do with all your clients anyway - so it's not really an issue.

Ask the Multi-VAs what they expect from you and whether you are obligated to do work if you are too busy. E.g. Let's say Multi-VA Moira asks you to look after her incoming work Tues-Thurs and needs you to be available to do this without interruption. You can't therefore accept work from Multi-VA Mandy Tues-Thurs, will she blacklist you from accepting further work if you turn it down?

The beautiful thing about this industry is that we all help one another and support one another (for the most part - there are some deviants).

I sub to two other VAs for specialized work that I do, and I have used subs in the past.

You just find a flow that works for you and do it. It has never really crossed my mind about being only beholden to one VA firm. In fact - the reason I sub to two VAs is that one knows me VERY WELL and doesn't like doing what I do, and she told this other VA to use me for that certain task. So they both know. And its great for me because one pays on the 5th of the month and the other one on the 21st!

Then I have my clients that are on monthly retainers paying at all different times (I just do their month start on the day they signed & are ready to go - saves me having to do higher math functions and figure out partial months - and that's just not pretty - systems shut down, brain doesn't work right, etc.)

I think it is totally fine to work for multiple VAs. I would tell the VA just in case but all the VAs that have ever worked with me always worked with a bunch of other VAs also.

Congratulations on being asked to work with 2 different VAs. You go girl!

:thumbup:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to Become a VA?
    Invest in The VAC!
    How Do YOU Startup A

Virtual Assistant Organization Association
    Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
    * Access to Our Bus JOB Board *
    * Group Coaching & Training*
    *Training Tracks*
    * Private Mastermind Area *
    * Business Templates *
    * Contracts & Forms*
    * Plus VAinsider Perks! *
    UPGRADE HERE

HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.