Linda Q

index page

Hi guys!

Well, this might be a really stupid question, but bear with me. I have a website that I find beautimous, but when I open it, the tab is blank. I'm assuming it has something to do with the index.html <title>, but I don't know how to fix it because I don't understand WordPress and how to program it. HELP!

By the way - it's www.lindalooworksforyou.com and that's what I'd like the tab to read. I just formatted the Home page this morning and I'm ready for a critique, too! The first problem I know will be pointed out to me is that it falls to the left. Well, I don't know how to fix that either because, again, I don't understand WP and how to use my CPanel or my Dashboard to program.

OK - all done now. Please check it out, offer honest (brutal) critiques, and any help with the programming will be greatly appreciated!

LindaQ

good job. I love your wolf. I just see a couple of things:

1. where you state, "I’m the one who will do the job/project/or task quickly, efficiently, and most importantly, On Time!" you need to remove the or after project/. If you are going to use the / mark, then you can just say job/project/task. Otherwise you can use all commas and leave out the /.

2. Your about page is almost the same info as your home page. You may want to leave out some of the info on the home page and use the room for other things you may want the reader to know.

3. I think (in my opinion) the fonts should be complimentary of each other on both pages. The first page really grabs your attention but your about page is a lot smaller and less dynamic.

4. Your blog page comes up as not found.

Just some thoughts ... I love your byline. Very catchy and easy to remember for potential clients.

---------------------------------

Deneen Wilson

Couple quick thoughts, and as always, they're to help you not pick on you.

You should have a crisp, clean logo that reflects the services you provide. The background colors on the top image/logo area are too wild and not really business colors -- if you toned them down they may work but it's just too busy to the eye.

You should consider using a less bright blue font.

Right hand s/b right-hand. Where you have in your tagline you"!!, the end quote mark should be outside the punctuation: you!"

The page background doesn't complement the other colors. I think you should reverse it and base your font colors to complement the background color.

Eliminate the exclamation points, those are okay on ads but really should be used judiciously on a website. And everything needn't be in bold font, it's too powerful and not soothing to the eye.

You are missing the title because you haven't put it in the correct place in your WordPress setup. You should download the All-In-One SEO plugin for starters and customize each page using that.

You should rework some of the copy a bit and be a bit more precise and a tad more formal. For instance, the Well.... should be omitted. I would remove "I'll bet" and the "I'm glad you asked" and use something else in its place.

Edited by Cyndi Papia

Thanks, Deneen!

The wolf represents my wolf - his name is Boo. My grandaughter named him after she watched Monsters, Inc. He's a great animal and we love him!

The "About" page isn't done - I'll change the fonts and shorten it. I'll also take your advice about the /. I haven't started blogging yet, but when I do, I'll let you know!

Thanks again!!

Linda

PS - thanks to Tawyna who made it sooooo pretty!!

Linda

I agree with everything Cyndi said. The background is 'star-shot' in the upper left-hand corner, but is too bronze or brass colored for the header colors. On the theme template you are using can you see some options for color change? I know there are some on the default theme for WordPress, there is quite a bit that can be done with the colors to make it unique.

I would use only one font color, BLACK. Changing colors is hard on your readers' eyes. Black coordinates with the font color in your header.

I appreciate how your writing is 'you' and not a cookie cutter content setup. But, what seems to be the list of your services, think about making them less to be more. Try not to tell them everything you think they should know on the first page.

Such as 'Marketing' with a link to your marketing page that goes into detail. Or "Bookkeeping" with a similar link. You should have a page that is still about your services with links from it to your specific services.

Customer service is important, but not a specific part of this list. Reference to that important part could be part of the statement you make about doing things right and in a timely manner.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to Become a VA?
    Invest in The VAC!
    How Do YOU Startup A

Virtual Assistant Organization Association
    Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
    * Access to Our Bus JOB Board *
    * Group Coaching & Training*
    *Training Tracks*
    * Private Mastermind Area *
    * Business Templates *
    * Contracts & Forms*
    * Plus VAinsider Perks! *
    UPGRADE HERE

HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.