topshelfva

Constant Contact vs iContact

Constant Contact vs iContact  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My client would like to move her e-zine from 1ShoppingCart to either Constant Contact or iContact. We have not been having great deliverability with 1ShoppingCart lately (or at least their reporting system is not great). I've set up this poll to see what everyone likes the best, Constant Contact or iContact.

Both services will allow us to move the list over without forcing all the subscribers to resubscribe. We are leaning heavily to these two services; however, if you have another service you love, which will allow us to move subscribers over without having to make them re-opt-in, then we are all ears! :)

Thanks for your help!

My client would like to move her e-zine from 1ShoppingCart to either Constant Contact or iContact. We have not been having great deliverability with 1ShoppingCart lately (or at least their reporting system is not great). I've set up this poll to see what everyone likes the best, Constant Contact or iContact.

Both services will allow us to move the list over without forcing all the subscribers to resubscribe. We are leaning heavily to these two services; however, if you have another service you love, which will allow us to move subscribers over without having to make them re-opt-in, then we are all ears! :)

Thanks for your help!

If you want excellent delivery, go with aweber.

I've not heard great ratings regarding delivery with Constant Contact but maybe they are getting better. Any autoresponder that doesn't require you to opt in a new list is a red flag to me. That means they must allow spammers which in the end means their servers are most likely on blacklists.

Personally, I'd stick with 1ShoppingCart. They are working out the delivery bugs...they have to to keep up with aweber who is their #1 competitor. I'm being patient with them and have talked to their staff who are working through the few delivery problems they've had which are actually few and far between now.

I agree with Tawnya, stick with 1SC. Going from 1SC to any of the others is like going from a Mercedes to a station wagon. I used to recommend another service that is very similar to 1SC but after the owner sent an email with negative comments about VA's, I don't recommend it anymore.

Karen

I agree with Tawnya and Karen - stick with 1SC. One thing you should check is the spam link before sending a broadcast. They're doing a lot better about letting you know what the issues are. For example: certain marks (!, &, etc.) may be considered spam if they're in your subject. Also, try sending out the broadcast in both html and text. That helps in all sites.

If your client really wants to switch, I recommend Aweber.

I actually really like constant Contact. I don't find 1shoppingcartemail marketing functionality is not great (depending on extent of use). In my opinion If you need a shoppingcart then i suggest sticking with 1shoppingcart as a 1 stop shop but i would not use them for only email marketing. Constant Contact has worked well for me and several clients and aweber is good too but for some reason i have my heart wrapped around constant contact. I think they have grown quite a bit over the past year or two and they are much better than what they used to be.

I agree with Tawnya and Karen - stick with 1SC. One thing you should check is the spam link before sending a broadcast. They're doing a lot better about letting you know what the issues are. For example: certain marks (!, &, etc.) may be considered spam if they're in your subject. Also, try sending out the broadcast in both html and text. That helps in all sites.

If your client really wants to switch, I recommend Aweber.

I'm an Aweber and MailChimp fan myself. Depending on what you are needing to do both have the capabilities and MailChimp is free for up to 500 subscribers and 3000 mailings per month. Then you can do a pay as you go dependent on the size of your list.

Aweber is easy and straightforward to use, integrates with 1ShoppingCart well.

Personally I'm not a fan of iContact or Constant Contact myself.