Hi Fellow VAs,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but do any of you know of any time tracking software, which will allow you to base a fee on a task rather than on a project (client)? I'm using Time Tracker, and it doesn't allow you to base a fee on a task, but only on the project. The software I have researched are all a monthly fee. Are these the only choices? Thanks for your suggestions.

Rita

Hi Rita,

Have you looked at OfficeTime? It has the ability to change the fee on an individual task basis and is not a monthly fee-based program. When I went looking for a replacement for MyHours I objected to having to pay someone a monthly fee for a time tracking program and I wanted a program I liked that had lots of flexibility. They have a free trial that you can download and I was hooked from the start. It is also very reasonably priced as far as I am concerned and I had an excellent response the one time I needed help.

Hope that helps and good luck!

HourDoc is tool for Time Tracking. www.HourDoc.com is right treatment for time and labor management processes has to be an easy-to-administer and affordable solution for Freelancers, supervisors, employees and HR and payroll managers. They offer free application to companies less than 50 employees.

Hi Everyone,

I'm using a program called Grindstone 2 that I downloaded for free. It works for me.

Beverly T.

My Essential VA

www.myessentialva.com

I LOVE Freshbooks. It does time tracking and invoicing. Clients can pay you directly through the link in the email (paypal or merchant account). Switching decreased the time it took clients to pay me. Pricing can be by the task or by the client. it does have a monthly fee (based on number of clients), but SO worth it in my opinion.

• Like 1

I'm currently using GoDaddy's bookkeeping service for my invoicing and I'm starting to figure out how I can use it for time tracking too, but it's not perfect. The invoicing part is excellent, so user-friendly. But sometimes I need to generate custom time reports for clients that don't look like invoices (many of my clients prepay for hours, so I use time reports to show them how much time they've used up)....does anyone know of a time tracker that can do that? I've been just logging my hours in an Excel spreadsheet and manually entering time reports in iWork for now but that takes time to do.

• Like 1