Hi everyone, I have a question my website has been up and running for about 5 months in my virtual world, and my husband and I have just started up our promotional and gift products website, and I have begun the search engine tools. I know that people are looking at them, because I am getting many phone calls thru out the day on sales for optimization tools, tools i could use to upgrade, changing hosting etc. Does this usually happen in the beginning, I have not had a lot of traffic to my virtual office website, and it wasnt until lately that I am not getting calls on clients but a whole lot of sales calls etc. Should I take my phone number off my webpage. I have seen pages with and I have also seen pages without it. Any suggestions I am game, I like the client calls but I have had it with the sales calls, I had 7 in about a 2 hour period today, please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks Dianna

Dianna,

You are going to get the sales calls and it will eventually go away. I was getting them constantly but I tell them right away that I'm not interested. I have even had people get downright nasty because I don't want what they are selling. The thing is, your site is still new so they see a new opportunity, it will eventually stop.

As far as your phone number, that is your call but I wouldn't recommend it because I know myself, I still prefer to talk to a real person when I am interested in something they have instead of via email. That way I can get a better feel of what they are like. Also, with so many scammers out there people want a phone number so that they know you are a real business and not just some company that is trying to get their money or information.

Just my .02 cents

Tracy Collins

Thank you, I guess since I am getting calls I at least know that I am getting exposure off my hard work on getting my sites up, :) Thanks again I think I will take your suggestion and leave it, especially knowing how things are in the small town I live in, people are as computer generated as in larger cities, they still do alot of things by hand. :) hope you have a great day.

Dianna

Dianna,

You are going to get the sales calls and it will eventually go away. I was getting them constantly but I tell them right away that I'm not interested. I have even had people get downright nasty because I don't want what they are selling. The thing is, your site is still new so they see a new opportunity, it will eventually stop.

As far as your phone number, that is your call but I wouldn't recommend it because I know myself, I still prefer to talk to a real person when I am interested in something they have instead of via email. That way I can get a better feel of what they are like. Also, with so many scammers out there people want a phone number so that they know you are a real business and not just some company that is trying to get their money or information.

Just my .02 cents

Tracy Collins

Hi everyone, I have a question my website has been up and running for about 5 months in my virtual world, and my husband and I have just started up our promotional and gift products website, and I have begun the search engine tools. I know that people are looking at them, because I am getting many phone calls thru out the day on sales for optimization tools, tools i could use to upgrade, changing hosting etc. Does this usually happen in the beginning, I have not had a lot of traffic to my virtual office website, and it wasnt until lately that I am not getting calls on clients but a whole lot of sales calls etc. Should I take my phone number off my webpage. I have seen pages with and I have also seen pages without it. Any suggestions I am game, I like the client calls but I have had it with the sales calls, I had 7 in about a 2 hour period today, please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks Dianna

I have been fortunate and haven't received such phone calls. My opinion about removing your phone number from your website is "no." It would be like removing your business from the local directory. I did, however, receive a few phone calls directly after acquiring my city business license.

Dianna,

If you have not already done so, register with the National Do Not Call Registery. This cuts down on the number of sales calls you get.

Debbie Lynn

I handle it a bit differently. With everything I do during a day, I don't like being caught off guard by unexpected or unwanted phone calls. Before I get into a phone conversation with a prospective client, I find it makes the call much more efficient when we bother have an idea of who we're talking to and what the goal of the conversation is.

So, I don't publish my phone number on my website, but I do invite visitors to contact me via email to schedule a phone call if they like.

Thank you all for your input, it is much appreciated, I am going to weigh my options then go from there. thanks again

Dianna Lambert

I handle it a bit differently. With everything I do during a day, I don't like being caught off guard by unexpected or unwanted phone calls. Before I get into a phone conversation with a prospective client, I find it makes the call much more efficient when we bother have an idea of who we're talking to and what the goal of the conversation is.

So, I don't publish my phone number on my website, but I do invite visitors to contact me via email to schedule a phone call if they like.

I don't answer the sale calls. I recognize how they appear on the caller ID, and I simply ignore them. If it is a potential client, that what voice mail is for. You can't register a business phone number with do not call registry. Only personal phone numbers. In regards to phone number on my website, I prefer to have it there. I put myself in the other person shoes. I would look for a phone number and an email address. Speaking for my husband, it irritates him when he visits a website and there is no phone number (ole' school :) ).

Rita

I do the same. On my contact page you can leave your contact info, Name, #, email, and message from there a phone consultation is scheduled.

THank you all for your input I have as well decided that I am going to leave it there Thanks for all you input, I much appreciate it.

I do the same. On my contact page you can leave your contact info, Name, #, email, and message from there a phone consultation is scheduled.