Hi from small town, or rather, village, Alberta. I live just outside Galahad in east central Alberta. My name is Raine and my business is Infinite Office Solutions, and HaLo Enterprises. I also have a graphics and design name as well. I'm attending the virtual classes through Red Deer College. I'll be done all the classes next spring and will be able to start my practicum. It's been really exciting, and the fact that I'm doing so well doesn't hurt either. :thumbup:

I'm very excited to be here, as a VA whick is almost like a dream come true. I can't believe I'm actually among you! And AM one of you! That's the great part. I'm pretty sure I know what my core services will be, but I'm also hoping to take medical coding and transcription someday too. I believe becoming a VA is the best thing that could ever have happened to me.

I live with my folks and help to take care of them and the things that need to be done around our acreage. It's beneficial to all of us because they can stay in their home longer and I don't have to spend a fortune for rent. I work full time as manager of a UFA petroleum agency. I also like to write and I'm looking forward to getting published some day. I have a manuscript in the works but of course I don't have the time just now to find out how to go about publishing it, or rather, having it published once it's polished. I'm divorced, single, and have a son who's almost 23 who I haven't seen since 2005. I was in a full life support (no hope of recovery, or be a vegetable if I did recover) coma for 6 weeks in 2003, divorced in 2005, and I love what I'm doing. It's been a heck of a ride lately, but my life is very full and very interesting, and even though I'm beat up a bit, and not 20 anymore (add 27 to that), the trip has been exciting, and I hope continues to be so.

So, if there's anything I've missed or anyone is curious about anything else, drop me a line.

As Ever,

Raine

Hi Raine!

Welcome to the forum. I'm in Calgary and have lived in Southern Alberta most of my life, but haven't heard of Galahad before. Congratulations on doing so well in your virtual classes!

It does sound like you lead a very full life! I'm looking forward to getting to know you. :-)

Denise

Hi Raine!

Welcome to the forum. I'm in Calgary and have lived in Southern Alberta most of my life, but haven't heard of Galahad before. Congratulations on doing so well in your virtual classes!

It does sound like you lead a very full life! I'm looking forward to getting to know you. :-)

Denise

Hi Denise,

Thank you for welcoming me. I'm a bit intimidated at the moment with everything that's happening and as the time grows closer when I'll be doing work on my own once I'm certified and a Really Real VA. lol.

Raine

Welcome to VAnetworking Raine!

Hi Patty,

Thanks for the welcome! Now I just have to orient myself to the website, add my facebook and skype links, and omgoodness, I'm totally intimidated. lol

Raine