dianna@thetruckingva.com

Submitting your URL to search Engines

You dont need to submit your site to search engines if that's what you are asking - they will find you. How about some good old fashioned marketing like the posters are talking about above. Pass out cards, post on forums (like this one) and spread the word.

I was just reading this awesome eBook by Tawnya called Search Engine Marketing Seminar. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned here because it answers all the questions posed here. The problem is, I was on the 11th page reading about keywords, word trackers, etc, that will help you be 'found' by the little spiders, when I suddenly got an email and when I went back to my browser my wonderful article was GONE! Now I can't find it anywhere. :blush:

Can anyone tell me where I can get back to Tawnya's article "Search Engine Marketing Seminar"? It's in the VAInsider section.

Thanks,

Patty

Just checking to see if this article is still available somewhere.

Cathy

Guest CLTAssistant

Looking at your source code your keywords are pretty broad and your title tags could include more information such as your targeted market location. Search Engine submission is getting more and more useless. Keywords are even becoming less important. The main thing is your title tags and your domain name those are only second to how great your content is to the reader. I would beef up the text on your homepage also. Another great thing to do if you have not already is get a google analytics and webmaster account and submit a sitemap and check your traffic, what keywords are effective and so on. Also you have a lot of images, adding alt text to your images actually helps with your page rank. Sorry this was so long but I am an SEO junkie :)

You have to send traffic to your website to get on top of google.

There are many ways to do this like article posting, blog commenting, directory listing etc to get link juice to your website.

Happy new year!

Tina

Catch Friday

Edited by Tina Pierce

Do lot of directory submission. In addition to that, create a Google webmaster account. Under that you would have an option that says "crawling frequency" increase this and bots will visit you frequently.

Agree to almost all comments here. From my part I can add only: did you try paid ads in Google? It works, just be careful with geo location and choose the best show time for your add. This is the best variant to get new visitors to your site. I did the same for my online project and it worked just great. There is only one drawback - you have to pay. But if money is not a problem - try it out. Good luck!

• Like 1

Marketing your website is the focal point of it's life. So indeed, traffic would be the air in order for it to breathe. So they are all correct and I fully agree with their suggestions. You should be able to take it in a different level of not just posting and making it live and running. Spreading it's online presence is what will makes it to be a real one.