RFP

Does anyone have any place they look for jobs via RFP (other than VANetworking) that offers legitimate leads and had results? I thought I would poke around and see what jobs are available that I could respond to but don't want to open a bee's nest with scams and spams.

Deneen Wilson

unfortunately it cost $120 to join which until I obtain a client or two, I won't have. It's that vicious cycle ... can't afford advertising without a client and can't get a client without advertising. It isn't a matter of choosing to spend my $100 on this item or another item, it isn't available at all. So, I am looking at other ways to find out about some jobs for the time being. At least until I can obtain a few where I can pay for some services that would be more beneficial.

Deneen Wilson

I think we all have that problem when we start. I know I did.

A few of the things I tried, were checking the local want ads. Sometimes you can "talk yourself into" a job, even if they think they want someone in house. Also, check your local chamber of commerce. You can go to their mixers at least a few times before they require you to sign up. And for that matter, you might have local women's clubs or networking clubs that you can go to a few times before you have to join. There is absolutely nothing like face-to-face marketing.

Take a good look at your email list. Is there anyone on there you can send an introduction email to? Just letting them know you have opened shop, and ask them if they will keep you in mind during their every day chats with people.

You can also get a chamber list, or even the phone book. Start sending letters out to people in your target niche; or even a postcard.

Thanks Kathy. Seems like we are on the same page. I have already sent out an introduction email to everyone on my mailing list (friends, family, etc.). I have also went through the phone book and online directories and mailed about 50 postcards to local non profits and businesses. There is a local women's forum but I work full-time out of town and they meet at lunch so that leaves the face-to-face networking out of the equation. My chamber doesn't offer their membership list online so I may have to get my son to stop by and see if they will hand him one or at least find their last newsletter so I can see new members they may have mentioned.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Deneen

Deneen, are you a member of that Chamber? Maybe they would mail or email the list to you.

Have you thought about asking or offering to be the program at a Chamber meeting? Our Chamber gets requests from potential members all the time wanting to show us what they do. I've done presentations about blogging for them and website updating. The blogging one was almost a total wreck; my 'helper' forgot to bring the projector and screen. I had to 'talk' it, but had handouts and the program on a CD that they could take.

An email just showed up in my box that appears to confirm a monthly payment option for membership at VAinsiders. I've been a member since the beginning, but I renewed at a partial year this time. That's not the best bargain, but sometimes we spend what we can. There is so much more to a membership that will help your business than the RFPs even though they are a great part of it.

The challenges don't stop when you've been at it for awhile. Being a VA is going to take perpetual marketing and pushing to stay at it. We hear that from the people who were doing this work before it was called virtual assistance. Become stronger and stronger so that you are truly ready to do as Kathy suggested and talk your way around perceptions and into a spot. You've made terrific progress; keep up the good work.

If you've read your email, you should check out the VAinsider's again. ;) Might be just what you're looking for.

http://www.vainsiders.com

Patty Dost

Time Is Of The Es-Cents . . . Saving Your Business Time and Money ~~~ Virtually

Interested in Subcontracting with Virtual Assistants? Here's the ebook that will assist you.....The VAs VA

QUESTION :: What do VAs do when they've got big plans but don't know where to start?

ANSWER :: They download the VAnetworking Kick Start Package!

It's FREE :: It's FUN :: And you'll get something DONE :: Download yours now.

Thanks for the ideas. I wish the VAInsider $5/mo plan offered RFP option. As to the question about the Chamber, they charge $225/year - which is way out of my price range right now. Maybe next year. I am thinking of going to some of the dinky (sorry, smaller) towns around that have community clubs, mom/pop businesses, etc. and speak at their meetings which are held in the evenings. I sent a press release as well as VA information out to about 12 small town newspapers yesterday so hopefully I will pick up some small business work that way.

I also had a lady from Australia email me this morning about doing a website for her (pretty cool considering I am in rural South Georgia) - yippee !! I can't wait until she answers how she heard of me ... that will help me figure out what is working ... I think probably from Twitter.

Keep the ideas coming ...

Deneen

Deneen,

To access RFPs, the least amount is $20/month. We have received 10 RFPs just in the last week. If you have access to the RFP area and you find a client, the VAinsider membership would be paid for.

Patty Dost

Interested in Subcontracting with Virtual Assistants? Here's the ebook that will assist you.....The VAs VA

QUESTION :: What do VAs do when they've got big plans but don't know where to start?

Hi Patty,

Can you help me I became a vainsider tonight and I click on membership information and it takes me to my profile, in word press, i tried to use my sign in here when I was upgrading my membership and I dont know if I did it right, Anything I go into tells me I am at the wrong level. Please let me know what I am supposed to do, I try to do some of this pesky stuff after the hubby and kids go to bed. Thanks A Bunch.

Dianna Lambert

If you've read your email, you should check out the VAinsider's again. ;) Might be just what you're looking for.

http://www.vainsiders.com

Mine did the same thing too.

Deneen Wilson

Edited by typingbug

I just posted a reply in another message. I'm working on it. I'll have you approved this morning.

Patty Dost

I just posted a reply in another message. I'm working on it. I'll have you approved this morning.

Hi Patty,

I just became a Supercharged member, but cannot access the logos area to put your logo on my site. What's up??

Thanks!

Linda

Please be patient everyone. I have to manually add you to the forum and approve you in the new site. I've had tons of new sign-ups and working as fast as I can....I promise.

Patty Dost

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to Become a VA?
    Invest in The VAC!
    How Do YOU Startup A

Virtual Assistant Organization Association
    Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
    * Access to Our Bus JOB Board *
    * Group Coaching & Training*
    *Training Tracks*
    * Private Mastermind Area *
    * Business Templates *
    * Contracts & Forms*
    * Plus VAinsider Perks! *
    UPGRADE HERE

HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.