yourfabva

Wordpress blog page deleted!

Hi there,

For the life of me, I can't remember how to restore a blogpage that has been inadvertently deleted :(

My client made a mistake of posting directly on the blog page and deleted it. Now the nav on the homepage is missing but the content is still there. However, Ineed help restoring the page.

Would appreciate any helpers ~ :)

Jocelyn

I have to ask the ugly question...any backup?

I found this on the WP codex: Try checking the SQL tables, sometimes "auto increment" settings get lost - this is what happened to me recently in an upgrade / migration. This is the link to the whole thread http://wordpress.org/support/topic/268507

I would be very interested in what solution you find.

I have to ask the ugly question...any backup?

I found this on the WP codex: Try checking the SQL tables, sometimes "auto increment" settings get lost - this is what happened to me recently in an upgrade / migration. This is the link to the whole thread http://wordpress.org/support/topic/268507

I would be very interested in what solution you find.

Oh Judy - I'm afraid not! Now I was thinking of doing an upgrade. backup what I have at the moment and migrate hoping the missing piece will fall back in its place :blink: Wishful thinking!!!

Anyhow, I'll read through the link - thanks! I'll keep you posted....

Hi Jocelyn,

I'm not sure why the nav on the home page is missing but the page is still there. If the content to the page is missing you can most likely find it by going to Google and typing in cache:www.yoursite.com. That will give you the last version of any page that Google has indexed.

If the content is there but the nav is missing, that's probably an easy fix.

Email me if you need to.

Here is what someone else recommended. I've haven't tried this before but thought it may help. If it works, can you let us know?

Thanks,

Mimi

1.Go to Google

2.Enter the exact destination of the now deleted page: mysite.com/page-i-just-deleted-because-im-a-moron/

3.Hit the cache button

4.Copy the content from the Google cache and you’re good to go.

I’ll even take it a step further and remind you to copy the source code for the main content pane – as opposed to simply taking your mouse and highlighting the text on the page (by doing it that way you lose images and other various formatting that the html code will keep in place).

So after about a minute, I had found the cache of the page, copied the source, gone back to Wordpress and pasted the code, double checked that everything was in tact like before (which surprisingly it was 99% perfect – just one line needed to be centered again), and that was that – a quick and easy solution if you ever accidentally delete a page or post from Wordpress.

Now, if it’s a relatively new post or site and the search engines haven’t had a chance to index it yet, most likely your host can help.