Kimberly L

Twitter Lists

Anyone using Twitter Lists yet? Do you like them?? I think I see the benefits but every time I sit down to set-up the lists, I think, "this is going to take forever" :)

Kim

You can't just click on your VA list to read VA friends updates?? I thought that was the purpose of the lists. I am confused even though I have read several articles...think I will leave it alone for now :) :) :)

Kim

I was hoping it would be a way to categorize my friends so I can see only their updates, like you can on Facebook. It's not though. I don't use them.

I thought the same thing, so what I did is create my list in my tweetdeck, so the columns I have open I can pick and choose which list I want to see updates from, that only took me a few minutes to seperate, that was way nice. just a suggestion, I have also left my twitter list alone for now as well. :) Happy Holidays

I was hoping it would be a way to categorize my friends so I can see only their updates, like you can on Facebook. It's not though. I don't use them.

I went about it from the other side of the coin. I searched key words on Twitter like for instance #chamber since one of my niche market is small, mom and pop, rural and family-owned businesses. I pulled up profiles of various chamber Twitter accounts, looked at their lists (a lot of them have their members set up or local stores, even other chambers, etc.). Then I would follow their list(s). I spent about an hour or two, just pulling up various people and company Twitter accounts that I liked or looked interesting and followed their lists. This enabled me to reach a lot of people that I would not have found otherwise. It is super easy to do since Twitter has a button that allows you to follow the entire list. I have picked up a good many of people that were on these lists that are now following me. I have already had communication from several that were asking about my services.

I'm not using it as I use seesmic which already keeps lists for me. I could see it being beneficial though if you wanted to keep a list of people pertaining to a specific group ie) Everyone attending a get together or conference or something similar so that you could share that list with that group.

vainsiders.jpg
Get your first month for $7 using coupon code: TRYFOR7

I use TweetDeck for my Twitter management. I have noticed I'm on several lists, but have not yet discovered anything that TweetDeck will not do for me.

Funny, when I saw the topic, I thought to myself, "hmmm, I'll bet I am the only one who hasn't organized all her people into nice neat little lists." I'm glad to find out that I am wrong. I too, cannot find the time to get this done.

Deneen - Excellent idea to search out the Chambers of Commerce and follow their lists.