Hi everyone I just finished my website :yay: and I am looking for people to review it and see if it needs something extra. I would love as much feedback as possible this is my first time building a site and I know how helpful this forum is so I thought you would be able to help me. Thank you.

independentsuccess.web.officelive.com

I could not get this link to work, can you post it again. Thanks Dianna

Hi everyone I just finished my website :yay: and I am looking for people to review it and see if it needs something extra. I would love as much feedback as possible this is my first time building a site and I know how helpful this forum is so I thought you would be able to help me. Thank you.

independentsuccess.web.officelive.com

Just some quick observations.

It looks great, is neat and tidy but has a few things that need changing/fixing.

Rename the home page in the title to your business name instead of having 'Home' show up in the title bar.

On the Policy page break up the paragraphs so that they aren't running into each other.

On your rates page spell out your currency, i.e. is it USD? Don't assume your visitors will know. Add your country code to your phone number (not everyone lives in the US) and list an email address or link to the contact form for people to contact you. They won't always pick up the phone and if they're looking at the site at midnight will be reluctant to ring. Also give them a clue which state or city you're in. How would I work out what time zone you are in by looking at your phone number? I live in Australia and have absolutely no idea at all and it's too hard to try and work it out - I would just move onto the next site.

Give them choices - there should be at least 3 forms of contact on your site, i.e. any or all of the following:

Phone

Fax

Postal address

Email

Contact form

Here are a couple of things I noticed right away.

On your main page you have ect.; it should be etc. and wether should be whether.

On your About Us page.... it should say managing their business, not there business.

I hadn't read the content - I was looking at the layout and what's there.

It is very important for you to be careful about your spelling and grammar though. If you're not, you will get visitors who are and potentially lose clients because of it.

One of my pet hates is the misuse of VA's. That means ownership, the VA's tools... but where you are using it you are talking plural and should be VAs. I find that far too many VAs make this mistake.

I encourage you to go back over your site and read it very carefully.

All the best with it - it does look great and once you've corrected a few things it should work well for you.

On first look, you did a great job with your first site. Kudos to you! However, I would change the first link to HOME vs Independent Success. And you can still have your business name show up in the title bar. With any page your business name should appear in the title bar regardless the name of the page... check out my site to see what I am referring to... my business name is in the title bar. Well, it should be... let me know if it is not... (smile).

I also just revamped my site and that was the reason for my visit here today... I was asking the same question as yourself. So maybe you can return the favor and check my site as well. http://www.rkmfamilyoffice.com

Also, your picture on the HOME page is off-centered... the left border is off the page.

Next to bottom of picture, drop the word "Business" to the next line... I almost missed it. Just my two cents.

Also, you have several different font types (not referring to cursive versus non-cursive), but different font types such as Georgia to Courier for instance.

Hope this helps and I hope you return the favor.

Ra Shonda Gibson

Business Manager

RKM Business Services, Inc.

Check out our Tailor Made Services

http://www.rkmfamilyoffice.com

Managing for Success... One Person At a Time!

On first look, you did a great job with your first site. Kudos to you! However, I would change the first link to HOME vs Independent Success. And you can still have your business name show up in the title bar. With any page your business name should appear in the title bar regardless the name of the page... check out my site to see what I am referring to... my business name is in the title bar. Well, it should be... let me know if it is not... (smile).

I also just revamped my site and that was the reason for my visit here today... I was asking the same question as yourself. So maybe you can return the favor and check my site as well. http://www.rkmfamilyoffice.com

Also, your picture on the HOME page is off-centered... the left border is off the page.

Next to bottom of picture, drop the word "Business" to the next line... I almost missed it. Just my two cents.

Also, you have several different font types (not referring to cursive versus non-cursive), but different font types such as Georgia to Courier for instance.

Hope this helps and I hope you return the favor.

Ra Shonda Gibson

Business Manager

RKM Business Services, Inc.

Check out our Tailor Made Services

http://www.rkmfamilyoffice.com

Managing for Success... One Person At a Time!

I like your site it is nice and I love how everything (almost everything) is in pdf form so they can download or save it and I like the way your blog is on the website as well. The contact form is great. All in all it is a wonderful site. Did you do it yourself?

I think after looking at your site I need to upgrade a little or a lot. I just don't know how to get certain things on my site yet like the twitter and the blogs I am still looking for ways to make it better, but the research and the work is quite a task.

Thanks for the input on my site as well.

Your website will be a living thing that you tune on frequently. As others have said, try for correct spelling, clearly saying what you are offering, consistency with fonts, and tune your pictures (probably that picture could be centered in the area or made a little smaller. I have a rotator option on some of mine and the images have to be the right size to look nice.

If you are working with free stuff to tune on your images, you could try paint.net to resize the photos.

You will get it going. The template you are using is professional and not busy. Your clients want to know about you for other things besides complex web design.

I've seen some VAs with sites built on Website Tonight using free hosting that put adsense ads on their site and guess what...they had clients.

Tikia,

Your site is very neat and organized...good job!! A couple of comments:

1) on the rates page consider rephrasing "My rates are pretty fair I charge $35 (USD) per hour." Say something like "My hourly rate is $35/hour." This states a greater level of confidence instead of trying to justify your rate by saying it is "fair". Know what I mean??

2) also, I would consider changing your deposit of $150 to a percentage. you may get a job that takes you an estimated 20 hours. A $150 deposit in on the low side. Maybe say "50% deposit of estimate cost".

Kim

Thank you that was some great advice especially since I am still really trying to figure out the pricing thing on my retainers.

Remove the powered by MS Office Live at the bottom of your page, even the length of your pages as best you can for better presentation. If you don't have enough data to put in the pages just hit the enter key on your keyboard to at length.

Edited by Griffin

Guest Denap

Tikia,

Great job on your website. :thumbup: I have done several sites and just keep improving with my skill level . . . and there will always be room for improvement . . . I learned that in my first J-O-B. You have received a lot of great feedback, I would like to add one more that was not mentioned . . . the gray background is a bit dark, making the writing hard to read, perhaps you could lighten it or change to a lighter color to match the colors in your theme. I like the HOME link, that is a personal preference; in fact, your home link with business name is a first for me . . . very creative, mine would be too long. Other than that . . . it's great . . . wishing you all success in your VA business! :yay: :yay: