Jodie Burdette

URGENT PLEASE HELP - Blog page redirects to very strange page

The redirect is currently going to whatever page is at id 17 (that's what you had in your original redirect so that's what I used). You can edit the url in the third line to point wherever you'd like.

The site needs to be gone over with a fine toothed comb to be find where any malicious files are so that they can be removed. They may be in the database, in the http_docs directory, or even somewhere above the root. You need to get the host involved in looking at all files and configurations above the root on the site to ensure they're clean and safe. With the redirect in place you should be ok for the moment, but if they got access before, they can get it again, and they may have left a back door in place for themselves to make it easier this time.

Look on the server for a file named HMB.php or HMM.php, or something similar. Download the database in mysql format and open it in a text editor. You'll find it easier to scan through the content than trying to use phpmyadmin to browse around.

Good luck!

I got very lucky today. Turns out Bluehost gives you access to a couple of the most recent site backup via the cPanel. I was able to restore the site files and database to it's pre-hacked state. Whew I am so thankful!!

Jodie "Merry F'n Christmas" Burdette

PS In case you have a dirty mind, the statement above means Merry Fanfreakintastic Christmas. You and your dirty mind!!

PHEW! That's the value in having a decent host. I offer website hosting in my business and they are of high quality in that they have backups for past year if I need them. I kinda laugh whenever I lose a hosting client that says they can get hosting for $50 a year cheaper somewhere else...don't they realize it is cheaper for a reason??? They aren't offering backups and other features that my hosting does which in the long run can highly benefit them.

vainsiders.jpg

Well Bluehost has older backups that they can access for you but it was very nice (as well as time saving) to be able to access the most recent two myself once they told me where to find them. The client was extremely happy with the quick around too.

Jodie "kicked back and relaxed" Burdette

PHEW! That's the value in having a decent host. I offer website hosting in my business and they are of high quality in that they have backups for past year if I need them. I kinda laugh whenever I lose a hosting client that says they can get hosting for $50 a year cheaper somewhere else...don't they realize it is cheaper for a reason??? They aren't offering backups and other features that my hosting does which in the long run can highly benefit them.

I know what you mean Tawnya. I also provide hosting and I get a surprise when people tell me they can get it cheaper elsewhere. I mean I'm not that expensive now and they get phone and email support from me as well. I'm a fairly approachable person after all.