I created my website when I first started (about a year ago). I have not been real active as a VA yet since I was working and going to school full time. I finished school in October, and have decreased my J-O-B hours to only two days per week (so I can concentrate on my Virtual Assistant business finally)!

I was hoping for some feedback in regards to my website. The site is www.IndianaTeamVirtual.com

Thank you!

-Barbara

The first thing that jumps out at me when I visit your website is "brand identity". Consider creating a logo or hiring someone to create a logo for you. There are a couple of VAs that offer this service. I use a program called Logo Creator. It will help to give your business an identity and make your website pop a little at first sight. Also if you are on twitter or facebook, you can add images for those w/ links, etc., etc.

Good luck to you!!!

Kim

Hello Barbara,

Looking forward to interacting with you more as you focus on your business in 2010.

My suggestion would be to consolidate the number of different fonts and text colors. Fonts in the sans serif style [i.e. Arial, Verdana, etc.] are easiest to read with no more than 2 or 3 different styles throughout the entire website. As more phones are now accessing the Net the san serif font styles will be easier to read on all viewing platforms. We never know how clients will view a website or in which browser.

Keep in mind that typing in all caps is perceived as yelling and we shouldn't need to yell our message to make an impact. Allow the words to weld the power not the punctuation. ;) The same could be said for using exclamation points. A single punctuation mark placed strategically here or there can be more impactful.

Wishing you much success in 2010,

~Ruth