Kathy C

syncing laptop and desktop for outlook

Hey all... I checked archives and no final answers that were recent. Am wondering what program/system/method you recommend to sync a desktop and laptop for email via outlook 2003...

Any ideas/advice appreciated.

Thanks,

I use a pretty primitive method. I installed Outlook on the desktop and on the Laptop, then built accounts for the emails, set up similar rules, etc. One of the rules is to send the email back to me between the accounts, so that emails sent on the desktop show up on the laptop or the other way around.

On the second laptop that I do not use as much, I went into Outlook and closed the accounts. It is primarily my husband's machine now and we may set it up for him at another time. Right now, he is comfortable checking his email at the web-based source.

I have the web-based emails that will delete downloaded emails set up to save them for several days before deleting them. That way, if either the laptop or the desktop are not opened every day (when I am mobile, for example) the emails are there to be downloaded when I can get to them.

Kathy,

Have you tried Plaxo? or you can get an external hard drive copy them to it and then copy them from their to your laptop or do you have a docking station? you can sync your desk top and your laptop that way. Hope this is helpful.

I was looking through the archives but know that things in the techie world change fast. I'm wondering what everyone is using to sync Outlook between computers and their iPhone. Has anyone tried Sync2 lately?? It looks promising but I'd love to know if anyone has on-the-ground experience with it.

Both my machines are running Windows 7 and I have the iPhone5. Thanks!!

I've been using gSyncit to sync up my Outlook to many of my apps on my iphone. Been using it for a couple of years. Right now can't figure out how to sync up my contacts though but it used to work for that too before my computer crashed. I was using it mostly to sync all my Google calendars up into my one calendar in Outlook.

http://www.fieldstonsoftware.com/software/gsyncit3/

Let me know if you find something better Pamela as I'd be interested.