Kimberly L

Blog vs. eNewsletter

I have a client who has just agreed with me to stop printing and mailing a quarterly newsletter (only took two years of convincing...hehe). The decision now is whether to create a blog or eNewsletter (mailchimp). The only problem I have with the blog is that content will not be added but once every couple of month's but it will be search engine friendly content. An eNewsletter only benefits those that subscribe to it ... ??? There is not enough staff to provide content for both ... and the organization is run by all volunteers so there is no money to hire someone and I am not a medical writer.

SO Blog or eNewsletter??

Thanks,

Kim

You really need to do both. Given what they are willing to do, here's how I'd do it to get the most benefit. Create an ezine. Post the article on the blog. Schedule the blog to post and the ezine to be sent at the same time. Put the top third of the article in the ezine and have people click a link to the blog to read the rest of the article. Also submit the article to article directories.

Now, this is not the ideal situation but it's what they are willing to do.

Hi Crystal, this is great information here is a quick question, I am just learning all the technical stuff. I finally got my newsletter in an email form now I just to have to work on subscribers :), I also now have a hosted blog as well as my free one thru wordpress, how do you schedule the blogs to post. Thank you ahead of time, I am still working out some of the kinks but it is coming along. thanks again Dianna

You really need to do both. Given what they are willing to do, here's how I'd do it to get the most benefit. Create an ezine. Post the article on the blog. Schedule the blog to post and the ezine to be sent at the same time. Put the top third of the article in the ezine and have people click a link to the blog to read the rest of the article. Also submit the article to article directories.

Now, this is not the ideal situation but it's what they are willing to do.

Hi Dianna,

It's easy. When you are creating a blog post and are about to hit Publish, right above it is a date and time that can be changed. It's in the box where you can keep things as draft. Except you don't want it as draft, just put the date and time that you want it to post and hit Publish.

Crystal, Thank you I guess if I would have paid attention a bit more, hehe :whistlin: that is great, thanks again, I just got this up and running on a hosted blog so I am still learning all the ins and outs oh and did I mention THANK YOU.

Hi Dianna,

It's easy. When you are creating a blog post and are about to hit Publish, right above it is a date and time that can be changed. It's in the box where you can keep things as draft. Except you don't want it as draft, just put the date and time that you want it to post and hit Publish.